Non refundable deposit rates

backnine05

I am fairly new to cruising (started in 2012 but really took interest in 2013) and am looking at rates for a cruise that I want to do with some friends this summer. I figure it is best to book with a refundable deposit / no change fee because we are working with so many people's schedules. For the last few weeks and currently; there have only been rate codes that are for early saver which means there is a $50/pp change or cancellation fee.

Does anyone know why Carnival is doing this? Is there anyway to get around this? I don't want to wait too long so we can have a good selection of cabins.

I am fairly new to cruising (started in 2012 but really took interest in 2013) and am looking at rates for a cruise that I want to do with some friends this summer. I figure it is best to book with a refundable deposit / no change fee because we are working with so many people's schedules. For the last few weeks and currently; there have only been rate codes that are for early saver which means there is a $50/pp change or cancellation fee.

Does anyone know why Carnival is doing this? Is there anyway to get around this? I don't want to wait too long so we can have a good selection of cabins.

Carnival recently changed their website. This is not the only available way to go. Right under the box that says "Early Saver", in very fine print....it will say something like "show me other options" Click on that. Go give it a try....see if you see what I am talking about. Good Luck

Carnival recently changed their website. This is not the only available way to go. Right under the box that says "Early Saver", in very fine print....it will say something like "show me other options" Click on that. Go give it a try....see if you see what I am talking about. Good Luck

I do know what you're talking about. However, the only other rate code is the Fun Saver which is super expensive when compared to the other "sales"

I do know what you're talking about. However, the only other rate code is the Fun Saver which is super expensive when compared to the other "sales"

What are you looking for my friend? A special? If this is the case, there may not be one for your particular cruise at the moment. Especially if it is for the summer. These are the highest demand cruises, because children are out of school and this is when most people take vacation. They never have problems filling these ships in the summer and demand the highest prices. :( I would suggest to just keep watching for sales and hope for the best.

What are you looking for my friend? A special? If this is the case, there may not be one for your particular cruise at the moment. Especially if it is for the summer. These are the highest demand cruises, because children are out of school and this is when most people take vacation. They never have problems filling these ships in the summer and demand the highest prices. :( I would suggest to just keep watching for sales and hope for the best.

I am indeed looking for a summer cruise. It is a 5-day on the liberty in July.

Right now the Fun-Saver rate is about $729/pp with all of the other fees extra, the current early saver sale with free upgrades is about $549. After all of the fees and everything, it is a difference of about $170-180 per person or $350 per cabin. I'm trying to book these cruise in the near future (by the end of Feb) to ensure that we have a good selection of cabins to choose from. But like I said in my first post, the cheaper fees have cancellation/change restrictions which is prohibiting me from booking. There is always that possibility that we will have to change to days or port or ship for some reason and do not really want to be out any cash.

You can get a no refund/no exchange "deal".....or pay a higher price but have it refundable.

It's the same way when booking many hotel rooms.....the non-refundable prices are lower...sometimes significantly.

If your "group" is unable to commit but really want a particular cabin or location (maybe all cabins together)....then perhaps you are all better off paying more but having the option of backing out without any penalty. Whoever is ready to commit can take the discounted rate now!

Right now you can't get it both ways.....discount and refundable......you can also gamble and see if prices drop on the regular refundable rates.....they might.....or they might go up.........

Totally understand. It is a crap shoot..none-the-less

I am sure you know that if you book Early Saver, you can change the cruise date...BUT will cost $50 to change the booking. (still better than $180)

Just a little advice. I tried to do what you are doing about 2 years ago. Had about 36 people sign up for a cruise. I was in charge of the whole thing...paperwork...sooooo much work. So time consuming and stressful. Guess how many people actually went? ZERO

Never again......

I told everyone that is going about the issue at hand. Most are saying just book it under the current early saver rate. If one person has to cancel, its better than trying to reschedule everyone's cruise to accommodate. Thanks for the words of advice.

Totally understand. It is a crap shoot..none-the-less

I am sure you know that if you book Early Saver, you can change the cruise date...BUT will cost $50 to change the booking. (still better than $180)

Just a little advice. I tried to do what you are doing about 2 years ago. Had about 36 people sign up for a cruise. I was in charge of the whole thing...paperwork...sooooo much work. So time consuming and stressful. Guess how many people actually went? ZERO

Never again......

That's $50 pp isn't it? that's what they charged me when I changed ships but that was a couple years back so might have changed since then.

Bill

I told everyone that is going about the issue at hand. Most are saying just book it under the current early saver rate. If one person has to cancel, its better than trying to reschedule everyone's cruise to accommodate. Thanks for the words of advice.

Be sure they understand the fine print for Early Saver: "All cancellations that occur prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. The future cruise credit can only be redeemed on bookings made in USD currency, will be applied to your cruise fare, is non-refundable, non-transferable, any unused portion will be forfeited, and must be used on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. "

Also, I highly recommend that you do NOT use your own card to book everyone's reservations. Otherwise, you might be stuck when someone else decides not to go and can't get their entire deposit back. (I've heard of too many cases happening when someone tried to be nice. Also, I watch Judge Judy and would never pay for someone else after listening to some of her cases - funny how people get when money is involved no matter how close they are. :))