Weather for Long beach sailing

luvtrips

I'm attempting to pack for my 4 day cruise leaving in 2 days from Long Beach. Our stops are Catalina Island, which is supposed to be 60 with a chance of rain, and Ensenada, which is supposed to be 89 and gorgeous.

We have a sea day on Saturday, after Ensenada.

My question is....Do you think it will be warm enough on the sea day for shorts and t-shirts, or maybe colder like Long Beach's weather? I'm hoping for a nice warm sea day, but I have no clue what to expect.

Opinions, please!

Just did this one 2 weeks ago. Catalina was cloudy and overcast, since we had already been there we stayed on the ship and sat in the hot tub. Ensenada was warm, we wore capris & tank tops but it was cool in the shade and when walking back to the ship that evening it got chilly. The sea day was nice but not real warm, again it was a hot tub day all day long! When I wasn't in the hot tub, I wore a light zip up jacket.

I live in the Long Beach area and it has been quite chilly recently. We even had a little rain yesterday. I’d take some warm clothes just in case you need them. It has been my experience when doing the Baja cruises that it is chilly during the sea days.

Make sure you are looking at the correct Ensenada. There are two with very similar locations.

We were on the Imagination last week. For snow birds it was warm enough for shorts.:p

Make sure you are looking at the correct Ensenada. There are two with very similar locations.

We were on the Imagination last week. For snow birds it was warm enough for shorts.:p

The incorrect Ensenada is located on the mainland north of Mazatlan.

Make sure you are looking at Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico.

Weather.com is predicting sunny and 60 for Ensenada.