Possible new dining option for suite guests

Bababooey Land

Don't usually like to bring up old threads, but this seemed like a trivial question to start a new one on. I will try to see if I can get anyone's opinions here. I know that no one actually knows the answer to this for sure at this time.

Does anyone know about dining times in the new dining room for suite guests and what it should say on your reservation? We are booked on the Summit next summer, requested Celebrity Select dining, and our reservation says TRADITIONAL DINING 6:30.

This time would not work for us! I notified our TA last week, and it's still not changed. Do you think the new Suite Restaurant will be a "come to the dining room anytime you'd like" restaurant?

Thanks for your opinions!

As with nearly every question about the new suite benefits, Celebrity has made the answers available on the document I've quoted a few times. The answer is:

"Will Suite Class guests be able to choose a fixed dining time or will it be “open seating”?

While Suite Class guests may access the Suite Class exclusive restaurant at their leisure, a reservation is recommended to ensure

prompt seating- especially during peak time periods. Suite Class guests’ personal butler will be happy to make those reservations upon

request. During the cruise booking process, Suite Class guests will be asked to make a selection of either “Main/6pm” or “Late/8:30pm”

seating. This is simply a “starting point” so that the Suite Class exclusive restaurant may reach out and help make a reservation if it is

desired."

Here is a link to the document:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

I would not worry about the time on your reservation, it is just a starting point, and I am sure you can change it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

As with nearly every question about the new suite benefits, Celebrity has made the answers available on the document I've quoted a few times. The answer is:

"Will Suite Class guests be able to choose a fixed dining time or will it be “open seating”?

While Suite Class guests may access the Suite Class exclusive restaurant at their leisure, a reservation is recommended to ensure

prompt seating- especially during peak time periods. Suite Class guests’ personal butler will be happy to make those reservations upon

request. During the cruise booking process, Suite Class guests will be asked to make a selection of either “Main/6pm” or “Late/8:30pm”

seating. This is simply a “starting point” so that the Suite Class exclusive restaurant may reach out and help make a reservation if it is

desired."

Here is a link to the document:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

I would not worry about the time on your reservation, it is just a starting point, and I am sure you can change it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This a doc that applies to current suite guests.. You can either be select or choose a dining time . A suite guest can dine in Blu. Your butler makes reservations at any specialty restaurants,,

What would be new is a genuine " Seabourn " class suite restaurant...where unlike Blu , the food is cooked ala minute. The menus change, and there are chefs vs cooks..

This is the audience that Celebrity is attempting to attract...I hope they are successful !

This a doc that applies to current suite guests.. You can either be select or choose a dining time . A suite guest can dine in Blu. Your butler makes reservations at any specialty restaurants,,

What would be new is a genuine " Seabourn " class suite restaurant...where unlike Blu , the food is cooked ala minute. The menus change, and there are chefs vs cooks..

This is the audience that Celebrity is attempting to attract...I hope they are successful !

In fact, this document applies to the NEW suite class benefits, quoted from the first paragraphs:

Suite Class FAQ

What is Suite Class?

Suite Class is the name of our newly introduced experience for Celebrity Cruises Suites that will be offered beginning in April 2015

(Excluding Celebrity Century and Celebrity Xpedition). This program includes new benefits and amenities along with the existing

benefits and amenities Suite guests receive today. .

When does Suite Class take effect?

Suite Class will be rolled-out on each ship effective with the following sailing dates: CS- 4/4/15, EC- 4/12/15, EQ- 4/6/15, IN- 4/13/15,

ML- 4/9/15, RF- 4/4/15, SI- 4/5/15, SL- 4/3/15, SM - 4/4/15 [Date Fixed to avoid confusion]. Suite Class is not applicable on Celebrity Century or Celebrity Xpedition.

Some of the benefits certainly exist today, but this is a document outlines the new benefits. I suggest people read the document, it's very informative.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

when we were on board the Connie in February, we had aqua class and we had a seating time assigned to us on the first night and within our online reservation info; but no actual assigned dining times in reality.

In Blu last year on the Reflection, we never once made a reservation and never had to wait more than 10 minutes to be seated, even when there was a line out the door.

We are booked in Aqua again this year on the Silhouette and even though we will be eating in Blu, our assigned time says "early seating." I think it's just a default thing that =X= puts in the reservation.