Blackjack Band on Dream

jillpra

I have seen several postings asking when Blackjack Band would be back from vacation on the Dream. Their vacation starts February 15th and they will return on April 5th for the repositioning cruise that ends up in New Orleans. I hope Melanie and Jimmy enjoy a relaxing vacation on land!

I just returned from a FANTASTIC cruise aboard "Dream", and was disappointed to learn from Mel that they were going on vacation, as I'm returning for another cruise on Feb 22nd. I understand that they need some time off too, so will look forward to seeing them again in the future. They are a wonderful group! ;)

"SKY"

This band are very entertaining - they play anything and always attract a crowd - they are just GOOD people and know how to entertain

Beth, I met them on the Celebration several years ago. Last time we were on the Dream they were great. I was talking to Jimmy and they do play everything but Pink Floyd:( He plays a mean fiddle:eek: Pink

This band are very entertaining - they play anything and always attract a crowd - they are just GOOD people and know how to entertain

+1

The best entertainment and band on any cruise we have taken. We enjoyed listening to them again a couple of weeks ago and like them more than any other entertainment on the ship. We will miss them when we cruise in 2 weeks. Bummer!

If they are on board when you cruise you will be in for a treat.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

For those cruising in the coming weeks of Black Jack's vacation, you can still catch Jimmy on board. He won't be playing with the band in the oceans plaza, but you can still see him playing the fiddle for the country show on the big stage. That is, as long as all works out right, including the ship reaching the ports of call. He will be getting on & off the ship in ports of call to do the country show. So it's a bit of a working vacation for him, but at least he's only working one day a week. His fiddle playing adds so much to that show! Sit down in that chair right there and let him show you how it's done.

Edited by k2excursion

Beth, I met them on the Celebration several years ago. Last time we were on the Dream they were great. Pink

I was wondering if that's the same Band

that was on the Celebration many years ago........

I remember they were good..........

I am going on the Dream April-14th..........

I look forward to listening to them.........

We will be on the Dream May 11. I am looking forward to listening to them. I have never really done that before because DH doesn't like to just "sit". I am leaving him at home and bringing DD and her friend this time so I can relax and enjoy the music. :D