Sensation - July 16 departure - NO ports

I never said anything about the ship or the staff. The ship was very clean and the staff was wonderful. I just hated being lied to about going to Cozumel when it was known from the beginning that we were not going to any port. I am very glad that you did enjoy the cruise, but again I think they should have been honest about the situation from the beginning and not mis-led us for 3 days.

I found this cruise to be a huge disappointment. No one can do anything about a hurricane but Carnival lied from the start. They never had intentions of porting anywhere. The $50 pp credit did nothing but make money; where else could you buy anything but the ship itself?

5o% off a future cruise, yea you must take it before Dec 06. How many people will actually be able to do this?

What a rip off. I did not talk to anyone who was happy. Some just shruggged.

What can you do......

ok then how about staying longer at the next port?

Not so easy. I was watching the ships come and go in Nassau over the weekend, and some had to hover out at sea and wait for others to leave before they could pull in. Then there was one day there were no ships at all!

What can you do......

I would stop complaining, and book my next cruise. The 5 days at sea I experienced crossing the Pacific on my way to Hawaii were the five most peaceful days I've ever had while sailing.

I also wouldn't be happy if it rained on my vacation, whether on land or at sea, but who controls the weather these days?

I was on the "cruise to nowhere" aboard the Sensation. I was told by a senior officer that when we left New Orleans there was never any intention of going to port by they did not want to make people mad by telling them this.

Sorry you were unhappy with your cruise but I find it hard to believe that a senior officer would give a passenger information like this and expect to keep his job for long. Following the updates from home (Florida), the reports were that Cozumel was trying to get the port open. It is possible that Carnival didn't have a definite "no you can't port" until later in the cruise.

5o% off a future cruise, yea you must take it before Dec 06. How many people will actually be able to do this?

Sorry you feel this way, but that's 17 months to plan your next cruise. With the 50% off, it doesn't sound like something that most people couldn't do.

FYI, we ended up with a cruise to nowhere back in 2000 when the engines quit. Had a fabulous time! We also received the 50% off future cruise and had no problem using it.

The link here: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/weather_update.aspx

Shows the intended itineraries with subsequent changes in (). At departure Sensation was scheduled to go to Coz.

It is funny that people on this thread are complaining that the Sensation didn't stop at Coz, and there is also a Conquest thread where people are complaining that it did. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=210134 :confused:

I think they should have been honest about the situation from the beginning

Sorry your cruise was bad enough to use the SN you selected. Carnival pulled the same thing on our Alaskan cruise. Long story... I won't repeat again right now but we were very 'mis-led' on ours also. Whatever happened to the simple mindset of "honesty is the best policy".

I would've been thrilled with a 50% off coupon... same ship, same exact itinerary...heck, they could've even set the date! We would've got to see what we missed and paid full price for, and that would've shown CCL values their customers. Nothing doing...

What a rip off. I did not talk to anyone who was happy. Some just shruggged.

What can you do......

Why wouldn't you be able to take another cruise in the next 17 months?

Archived