Transfer to TA ?

FirstAlto

With the search feature not available , I need a quick answer - and I KNOW someone out there can give me an answer :)

How long after I make a reservation do I have to transfer it to a travel agent??

TIA !!

Jane

I transferred my reservation to my group's TA within a couple of days. I pulled the trigger because I wanted to secure an aft wrap and the group was dragging their feet on sending out the information. The TA was able to pick the booking up and gave me a new booking number the same day AND I kept my cabin:D

??????:confused:

The person wanted a quick response from 2004...OOOPS LOL that is what I thought I read...sorry. Must not have had my glasses on straight.

Anyhow, unless Carnival changed it in the last couple of months you only have 30 days to transfer a booking from Carnival to a TA. Have done this several times and last time was at 29 days so almost missed out.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

The person wanted a quick response from 2004...OOOPS LOL that is what I thought I read...sorry. Must not have had my glasses on straight.

Anyhow, unless Carnival changed it in the last couple of months you only have 30 days to transfer a booking from Carnival to a TA. Have done this several times and last time was at 29 days so almost missed out.

30 days is the correct answer. Now, I'll take cruise questions for $400 Alex.:p

Bill

30 days is the correct answer. Now, I'll take cruise questions for $400 Alex.:p

Bill

Last time (November 2012) when I did this I was told 14 days was the new policy. It had just changed according to the travel agent I transferred to. Maybe someone has newer info but that is what I was told. Booked online through Carnival for 2014 and did not transfer so that info I have is clearly over 1 year old.

Bernie

Last time (November 2012) when I did this I was told 14 days was the new policy. It had just changed according to the travel agent I transferred to. Maybe someone has newer info but that is what I was told. Booked online through Carnival for 2014 and did not transfer so that info I have is clearly over 1 year old.

Bernie

That may very well be true. CCL is always making changes

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I am a TA, and I just had a client transfer a booking to me from Carnival, that they booked last year! She transferred it to me two days before the final was due! Not sure where you all got your information. But this booking was a few months old when I got it. BEFORE FINAL.:rolleyes:

I am a TA, and I just had a client transfer a booking to me from Carnival, that they booked last year! She transferred it to me two days before the final was due! Not sure where you all got your information. But this booking was a few months old when I got it. BEFORE FINAL.:rolleyes:

I booked mine last October through Carnival and just transferred it this week to my TA. It must be before final payment and don't pay it off until the transfer is complete. I paid my booking down to $50 and then she called and said it was complete I gave her credit card info for the remaining $50.