British colonial hilton-nassau

3red7s

The pending snow storms make me look forward to my March cruise even more!!! We have read good things about the British Colonial Hilton & that it is very quiet. Can you tell me how we go about purchasing a day pass? on line? thru their website? front desk when we get there? Not concerned about price, but more concerned about not being able to get in. Thank you!!::

The pending snow storms make me look forward to my March cruise even more!!! We have read good things about the British Colonial Hilton & that it is very quiet. Can you tell me how we go about purchasing a day pass? on line? thru their website? front desk when we get there? Not concerned about price' date=' but more concerned about not being able to get in. Thank you!!::[/quote']

Since your going during spring break, (and they restrict the #of passes to keep it quiet and relaxing).. I suggest you prebook thru Island Marketing. It's also $5 less that same day passes from the front desk..

Looks like www.resortforaday.com is the same people as www.jamaicaforaday.com. We used them to visit the Hilton in Montego Bay last year and Stuart was great in helping us plan our trip!

They offer two resorts in Nassau, the Hilton and the Paradise Island Harbor Resort. We are leaning towards the Hilton based on tripadvisor reviews. Can anyone comment on one versus the other?

Looks like www.resortforaday.com is the same people as www.jamaicaforaday.com. We used them to visit the Hilton in Montego Bay last year and Stuart was great in helping us plan our trip!

They offer two resorts in Nassau, the Hilton and the Paradise Island Harbor Resort. We are leaning towards the Hilton based on tripadvisor reviews. Can anyone comment on one versus the other?

I didn't realize there were two sites you could book.

I checked out the resortforaday.com and only saw the Paradise Island option. I was a little iffy on it because it refers to the beach as a "petite" sunbathing area, which I am not interested in.

I did some checking on here and saw an old post from last year that referred to it as a dump but it was supposed to be renovated. I have not seen any updates since then.

Check the reviews for Paradise Island Harbour resort. It's a very low budget hotel on the harbour. The beach is nearly non-existent, and the pool is in poor condition. It went bankrupt and put up for auction last year. The new owners have promised improvements, but they are yet to be seen.

We booked it in the past with Island Marketing and are doing it again. The last time we were there (August 2011), we decided to roll the dice and not book ahead. When we showed up at the front desk they said that they were no longer selling passes for that day.

We were unsure about the weather and if we were going to go or not. We ended up walking over and getting our passes at the B.C. and yes, it cost us 5.00 more each. Great place! :D

Many people do this, but there is no guarantee that you will get passes.

#of passes are restricted during some seasons, and on some days when there are special events, weddings etc on the property.

It's best to book in advance.

Does anyone know if Island Marketing provides transportation to the Hilton beach? We're really nervous about taking the bus or cabs after hearing about the rise in crime in Nassau.

Thanks!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The walk to the British hilton is probably the safest you will find in nassau. No cabs or buses required. Only problem you will have on this 3 or 4 block walk is finding a space to walk on the sidewalk. It will be crowded with tourists.

The walk to the British hilton is probably the safest you will find in nassau. No cabs or buses required. Only problem you will have on this 3 or 4 block walk is finding a space to walk on the sidewalk. It will be crowded with tourists.

Oh.....so it's just a few blocks from the cruise ships??? Thanks!!

Oh.....so it's just a few blocks from the cruise ships??? Thanks!!

Yes, it is right by the ships. You "leave" the tourist section for probably less than 1000 feet when you cross the street and enter the grounds of the Hilton

Thanks for posting this. I booked a day pass at the Hilton for next Friday and I am happy to read it is such and easy and close walk from the cruise terminal.

One more question: does anyone know if they have lockers?

We were there last year. It wa an easy walk with 13 and 9 year old girls. It was a quiet resort beach which we all appreciated. I did not see any lockers.

Does anyone remember if they offer wifi?

Free wifi for guests and day pass holders in the lobby and close to the building, but it's not strong enough for the pool loungers, bar or beach. You need to get the code from either the front desk or the bartender at the pool bar.

Free wifi for guests and day pass holders in the lobby and close to the building, but it's not strong enough for the pool loungers, bar or beach. You need to get the code from either the front desk or the bartender at the pool bar.

Thanks!!!!