Fascination Docking in Key West - Which Pier?

Dare2Believe

I'm going to be in Key West 2 weeks from today on the Fascination..I'm looking at her current location in KW today and she doesn't seem to be docked at the Mallory Square Pier, which is where I docked last time I was in Key West.

Does she always dock at the other pier (is it the Naval Yard???) and if so...how is that pier different from the Mallory Square with regard to ease of access to the sights (i.e Duval Street etc...)?

We loved the convenience of the Mallory Square pier...

Great question. Is she in key west today? My husband always pulls up the web can for there. We had planned on just walking down duvaul st if its a further walk we may need to make other plans

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

We love the Key West webcam too....she is in port at KW today, but not visible on the webcam unfortunately...Here's a screen shot I just took, which shows where she's docked, which is out of range for the webcam.

Screen_Shot_2014_02_05_at_9_37_39_AM.jpg

Yes am interested to know as well. How do they tell which dock they will use. From what I understand, they use both. Is there a schedule that you can tell from? We will be there in April and would be nice to have an idea.

When we were in KW on the Freedom this summer the CD said which pier they dock at depends on which ship gets there first in the morning...not sure how accurate that is.

If that is the case, I hope the Fascination gets there early enough so that we can dock at the Mallory Square pier - so close to everything!

I've never been on a ship that has docked anywhere other than the Navy Pier/Outer Mole which is directly behind the Westin. Of course there was always only the one ship in port at the time.

http://www.florida-keys-vacation.com/Key-West-Cruise.html#axzz2sT0KvfR8

Thanks for the website..on there it says that if your ship is docked at the Outer Mole (which is where you've docked, and where the Fascination seems to be docked today) that they will provide shuttle service to Mallory Square..can you tell me more about that?

We went to Key West on the Fascination in Jan,

they docked at the Navy base, there was a RC docked at the other pier,

the only thing about docking at the Navy base is you can't walk to town, they had a free shuttle to take you to town, it dropped you off at Duvaul Street.

I hated not being able to just walk back to the ship, but the shuttle was running free all day long. the Navy base had to check each person on the tram to make sure they were suppose to be on the Carnival ship and that took a little while... but no biggie !!!!

We went to Key West on the Fascination in Jan,

they docked at the Navy base, there was a RC docked at the other pier,

the only thing about docking at the Navy base is you can't walk to town, they had a free shuttle to take you to town, it dropped you off at Duvaul Street.

I hated not being able to just walk back to the ship, but the shuttle was running free all day long. the Navy base had to check each person on the tram to make sure they were suppose to be on the Carnival ship and that took a little while... but no biggie !!!!

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

Thanks for the website..on there it says that if your ship is docked at the Outer Mole (which is where you've docked, and where the Fascination seems to be docked today) that they will provide shuttle service to Mallory Square..can you tell me more about that?

Why would you need a shuttle to walk one block?

The Outer Mole is directly behind the ship you see in the picture.

Agreed! Hope its timely and runs often!

Instead of standing around waiting for a shuttle, why don't you just walk the one block to Mallory Square? There's a lot to see along the way and it is a very short and pleasant walk.

Try this link: http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.php.

Om is the outer mole or Navy pier, M is Mallory Square, B is the other dock near Mallory Square.

M and B you are near the center of town, as was said before you must take the shuttle to get off the outer mole. No walking.

Looks like the schedule is dictated by Key West, not a who ever gets there first.

Instead of standing around waiting for a shuttle, why don't you just walk the one block to Mallory Square? There's a lot to see along the way and it is a very short and pleasant walk.

I assume you're meaning from Pier B...the Navy Pier, according to the website posted above only allows shuttle service, no foot traffic.

Try this link: http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.php.

Om is the outer mole or Navy pier, M is Mallory Square, B is the other dock near Mallory Square.

M and B you are near the center of town, as was said before you must take the shuttle to get off the outer mole. No walking.

Looks like the schedule is dictated by Key West, not a who ever gets there first.

Thanks!! Also thanks to CruisinCrow :)

Why would you need a shuttle to walk one block?

The Outer Mole is directly behind the ship you see in the picture.

The Outer Mole looks like it is next to the other piers but you can't walk directly from it to Mallory Square. For one thing, it is part of the Naval Station.

I found this picture of a cruise ship docked at the Outer Mole. Pier M and Pier B are over by the red building on the right-hand side.

cruise-ship-outer-mole1-1-800x533.jpg

Edited by CruisinCrow

I assume you're meaning from Pier B...the Navy Pier, according to the website posted above only allows shuttle service, no foot traffic.

Yes, I meant Pier B behind the Westin not Outer Mole. I have no idea what I Was thinking at the time.