Question on cabin keys

Acklander

We're going to have several cabins on the Dream, does anyone know if we can have the cabins keyed the same? I know we were able to do it at a hotel. But wasn't sure if we could do it on the ship.

Not sure if they can key them all the same but you can all go to Guest Services once onboard to see.

We normally only have two cabins-so we just get an extra card for each.

Happy Sailing!!!

We're going to have several cabins on the Dream, does anyone know if we can have the cabins keyed the same? I know we were able to do it at a hotel. But wasn't sure if we could do it on the ship.

You can ask for additional cards for the cabins-they can't be used for charging but can get you into the cabin.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen

interesting that you said they can do it at the hotel. i work at one and each key has its own room #. same from my understanding on the ships as well.

We were at a hotel with a group and were able to have all the rooms keyed the same, but it had the type of locks that you just waved the keys in front of it vs. just sticking it in the slot (not sure if that makes a difference) it was very handy.

A few years ago were told it was not possible, but things change! We got around it by booking the girls in one cabin and the boys in the other. You should have seen the room steward's face when he saw my dad and my husband and quickly offered to separate the bed into 2twins.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We were at a hotel with a group and were able to have all the rooms keyed the same, but it had the type of locks that you just waved the keys in front of it vs. just sticking it in the slot (not sure if that makes a difference) it was very handy.

actually it hit me this morning when I was coming into work. there is a function on the key machine that lets you key a key for a "section" so depending on how it's set up that is probably what they did.