Best way from MCO to Port Canaveral for party of 8???

bigeyeparrot

Going on a Disney cruise with my extended family. There will be 6 adults and 3 kids ranging from age 4 to 72. We are flying into MCO the morning of the cruise and flying back in the afternoon after the cruise. What would be the best and cheapest way to get from airport to port and back afterwards? If we do the shuttle or mini van, would we need to bring booster seats for the kids? Any help would be very much appreciated as it's been a while since we've done a cruise and my "cruise planning skills"are getting a bit rusty. :D

Just did this 1/19 and returning 1/26 with family of 8 in a private van. Used luxtranso. Was very satisfied with their service. Cost was $282 RT including 20% gratuity. Had car and booster seat at no charge and included a shopping stop on the way to port.

Going on a Disney cruise with my extended family. There will be 6 adults and 3 kids ranging from age 4 to 72. We are flying into MCO the morning of the cruise and flying back in the afternoon after the cruise. What would be the best and cheapest way to get from airport to port and back afterwards? If we do the shuttle or mini van, would we need to bring booster seats for the kids? Any help exewould be very much appreciated as it's been a while since we've done a cruise and my "cruise planning skills"are getting a bit rusty. :D

The three most popular on these boards are Executive VIP Limo, Cocoa Beach Shuttle & Travelynx

If you arrive early enough and your departing flight is late enough, then two large rental cars are likely to be cheaper; for one-way rentals you will likely need to bring your own car seats -- the airline will check them for free if you do not use them on the flight.

Last time I cruised out of Port Canaveral I found it was cheaper to rent a car, even with just 2 of us. All the rental lots have a drop off close to the port and will shuttle you over for free. They will pick you up after the cruise and take you back to the lot for the return rental back to MCO.