Spring Break Cruise with Kids. HAL Eurodam or Royal Princess?

jcw

I also posted this on the Princess board. Just trying to get feedback from members who may have an opinion for both! :)

We have sailed both lines in the past and have preferred HAL's food, service, and ambience. We haven't sailed in five years, so I don't know if these lines have changed much since we last sailed. This is the first time taking our children (ages 8-9) on a cruise. Any thoughts on which line/ship is preferable for Spring Break with children?

My concerns at other times of the year is that HAL would have a minimal amount of children and they might be bored with any activities offered. I don't know if they have a major increase in families with children over holiday breaks. My concern about Princess during Spring Break is that it might be just the opposite: overrun with kids.

Royal Princess is newer, but I know that HAL really maintains their ships. I've heard mixed reviews about the Royal Princess layout and problems with elevators, etc.

Sigh. Sorry for rambling, I'm just hoping for some insight to make my decision! TIA!!!

I could be wrong, but I think the Eurodam will be in the middle of a transatlantic during spring break time (march 30-april 13). Usually there are only a handful of kids on a transatlantic. Of course this means they get a lot of one on one care in Club HAL, which is an nice perk:)

We are booked on the Nieuw Amsterdam for spring break with our 10 year old, 15 year old and 22 year old. They have all sailed HAL multiple times and the younger two love it (our 22 year old son tolerates it every couple of years in the name of family bonding).

When we sailed on the Eurodam for Thanksgiving 2012 there were about 150 kids on board, my kids were not thrilled with the crowding (they prefer about 20-30 kids). My guess is that the 7 day spring break cruises will have 50-75 kids per week.

I have been on Eurodam during spring break several times. A decent number of children but not too many. I always saw them doing activities around the ship and looked like they were having fun. Haven't been on Royalo can't comment there but love the Eurodam

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app