Royal/Regal L101 or L102

bonniejk

We have just changed our cabin from R732 (Aft Balcony) to L102 (forward Balcony) on the Regal Transatlantic in October. For less money, we got a much larger cabin and a lovely balcony with no worry about soot. I know the balcony is supposed to be locked when the ship is at sea, but I wondered if anyone who was on the Royal Transatlantic can tell me if the balconies were locked at sea. We certainly won't want to use it if the wind is strong, we aren't about to be idiots, but I have read that they weren't locked on some cruises. I also wonder if anyone has any pictures of the interior of these cabins. I have seen pictures of the balcony, but would like to see the configuration of the cabin. Can't wait until we are on this new ship!

We have just changed our cabin from R732 (Aft Balcony) to L102 (forward Balcony) on the Regal Transatlantic in October. For less money, we got a much larger cabin and a lovely balcony with no worry about soot. I know the balcony is supposed to be locked when the ship is at sea, but I wondered if anyone who was on the Royal Transatlantic can tell me if the balconies were locked at sea. We certainly won't want to use it if the wind is strong, we aren't about to be idiots, but I have read that they weren't locked on some cruises. I also wonder if anyone has any pictures of the interior of these cabins. I have seen pictures of the balcony, but would like to see the configuration of the cabin. Can't wait until we are on this new ship!

There have been one or more posts from people in these very cabins that confirmed their balconies were NOT locked while at sea.

Hi,

We are also booked on Regal for Grand Med 30 Aug Aft B736 Deluxe with large Balcony- took this because of balcony size and also view of wake....

After reading all issues about soot & fumes we are also considering changing and I am currently looking at L101 or L102.

Like you have not been able to source any photos of interior of these cabins, I suspect the will be similar to Aft Deluxe size.

Seems apparent from others comments that Balcony doors do not get locked despite Princess notations.

Our TA is currently checking with Princess to determine if soot issue will be resolved on Regal - not confident it will!! I suspect we will still go ahead with the change of cabin.

Appreciate getting any further info or photos on these cabins that you may receive.

Eileen

The cabin interior is the same as the standard Deluxe Balcony. We have also booked cabin L101 for our 10 day repo cruise in October. The price was so good that even if we can't use the balcony everyday, it would still be worth it. Also, we love Lido deck. I would not want to deal with the soot issue in an aft cabin!

Hi Lady Arwen,

Are you going to be on the Royal repo in October? We will be on the Regal, but it sounds like we will be sailing about the same time. We are really excited about this cabin - as you said, it is a great deal, I couldn't believe how much we saved over the aft cabin we had booked. Enjoy!

Hi Lady Arwen,

Are you going to be on the Royal repo in October? We will be on the Regal, but it sounds like we will be sailing about the same time. We are really excited about this cabin - as you said, it is a great deal, I couldn't believe how much we saved over the aft cabin we had booked. Enjoy!

Yes, the 10 day from New York to Ft. Lauderdale on October 25th. We are so grateful to get this cabin with the huge balcony. I called Princess and requested NO upgrade, so I hope that will work. Someone recently posted that Princess took their cabin L101 and gave it away and gave them a so-called upgrade! He had to fight to get the cabin next door to the one he originally booked. I will be very angry if they take my cabin.....lol!

Enjoy your cruise!!

yes, I read that too. I have requested No Upgrade as well. In October it will probably be a bit nippy, but I expect we will still have plenty of time to enjoy the balcony, and going in and out of ports will be wonderful. Enjoy your cruise as well