Balcony Question

sparkyele

We are getting ready to book FOS for Sept 21 Eastern. I've decided to book promenade, I could not take an "actual" interior room, I would have to have something to look at and not feel like I'm in a cave, but that's how I am. However, the TA that I have been in contact with is pushing pushing pushing for a balcony cabin and he's making me nuts. Yes I know that we would absolutely prefer and enjoy the balcony, no doubt-but I told him from day one that this trip was all about budget. When I do book, I've decided to book promenade but will keep an eagle eye out for balcony prices to drop, hoping to still get one! Right now, balcony will cost $500 more-well that's $500 more that we'll have for an excursion...So we will play the waiting game...Tick tock:)

For me, the balcony is a nice way to relax and escape all of the activity occurring on deck. I usually take an afternoon break to sit on the balcony for an hour or two. Then again in the late night. It is very peaceful to sit out there and ponder life with a cold beverage.

We LOVE a balcony, and it's hard to go back to inside. But, I would do that- if I got to sail "cheap enough", though.

The baloncy is the best because we love waking up to seeing our balcony, with coffee and breakfast on our balcony; Getting ready for dinner- and some wine as sun sets- on our balcony- before going to bed- the sky- moon or stars- with a nite cap- on our balcony-

Is just fabulous, and worth an extra $400, to us. We try to sail off season, find the best prices- try to get a good deal for a balcony, now that we have experienced that. Took us @4 cruises, before we discovered the balcony. It's so hard now to go back! It's nice to have that view- and fresh air- and feeling secluded-haven't had noisey neighbors and have felt the privacy of a private balcony, escaping a crowded deck. It's the BEST thing about cruising, for us!

Thanks for some more great replies! I am so glad that we decided to keep the balcony! As some of you pointed out I think once I have a balcony, I will always want one when I cruise:) I also like the idea of being able to escape the crowds for a little while and still sit outside. I am keeping an eye out for a price drop before final payment which would be just an added bonus to what I'm sure is going to be a fantastic cruise!!

Hello All,

I have a question in regards to a balcony versus interior room. My friend and I are booked on the Oasis for October 27th in a superior ocean view room. The price for an interior room with residency rate is over 400 dollars cheaper. My question is for those who have had a balcony how much do you use the balcony? Is it worth the price difference? Any thoughts are appreciated!!

An ocean view is different from an ocean view with balcony. So make sure you are talking about a balcony vs interior. I personally dislike ocean views themselves. You need to stand up next to the window to see out to the water. But Balconies are awesome and my vote is for that. My daughter prefers interior (she loves how dark it gets).