New cruiser, unsure about referral coupon system?

LittleHelperViv

Hi everyone, please forgive me for asking a Referral Coupon question, I have read the sticky and I am a bit confused about what we need to do in our circumstances.

This will be our first cruise, we are considering booking a Sojourn Med cruise for June, I have read about the $400 coupon, do we need to have the referral coupon before we actually book and pay for it, we will be paying in full on booking.

If I need it before we book do I post a request for one from someone on the sticky post, if not there, where?

I just can't seem to get my head round what to do, please forgive me.

As an aside I must say what a great resource Cc is, I have spent hours and seem to have a reasonable idea about Seabourn....I just need to experience it!!

Thank you for any help.

I can't remember if I applied mine before or after final payment but definitely after I booked.

Yes, you request a coupon in the sticky. Usually you post the cruise you're going on, your email address and what country you live in and generally someone (or multiple someones) will respond.

When you post your email make sure to do it in such a way that a bot wont have an easy time reading it.

I just used a coupon from a nice person on this forum. I was mailed a hard copy of the coupon and as long as it doesn't conflict with any perks that your TA is giving you (an on board credit) - we are being given a tour, so I asked, and it didn't. I filled it out and sent it registered directly to Seabourn. It gives us, and the coupon giver a $400 on board credit. My TA verified that the credit was already in my account before my final payment was made. btw - I also kept an eye on the cruise price, and caught that the price was lowered by $500 per person, and so was able to get our price lowered as well. I've seen the cruise price fluctuate quite a bit going up and down. Hope this helps you! I did not understand it either, but it's certainly a nice way to help new and former SB cruisers! Enjoy! :)

I just used a coupon from a nice person on this forum. I was mailed a hard copy of the coupon and as long as it doesn't conflict with any perks that your TA is giving you (an on board credit) - we are being given a tour, so I asked, and it didn't. I filled it out and sent it registered directly to Seabourn. It gives us, and the coupon giver a $400 on board credit. My TA verified that the credit was already in my account before my final payment was made. btw - I also kept an eye on the cruise price, and caught that the price was lowered by $500 per person, and so was able to get our price lowered as well. I've seen the cruise price fluctuate quite a bit going up and down. Hope this helps you! I did not understand it either, but it's certainly a nice way to help new and former SB cruisers! Enjoy! :)

We just used one as a first time cruiser on the Quest. A nice person offered us the coupon but we never saw it so I presume they mailed it direct to Seabourn and we got our OBC

You will love Seabourn

Hi,

When you’ve made your first ever Seabourn booking and you know that you’re not entitled to any other possible onboard credit ( for example amex platinum onboard booking, … ) ( as it’s not allowed to combine onboard credits ), you can enquire about the referral voucher.

When you’re are in contact with a person, who has a referral voucher of 400$, there are 2 possibilities,

either the holder of the referral voucher sends you the referral voucher, you fill it in and you send it to Seabourn ( the address is at the back of the referral voucher )

either you give your name, address, booking number, … to the referral holder, he fills the voucher in and sends it to Seabourn.

This can all be done before the final payment date, but the referral onboard credit will only be definite, when Seabourn recieves your final payment.

In your case, you pay in full on the moment of the booking, just let your travel agent - when booking - inform seabourn that you'll send in a referral voucher, then take care of the business of the voucher and send the voucher to seabourn ( or let the referral holder send it ).

PS I’ve a referral voucher, so if you decide to book your first seabourn cruise – you won’t be disappointed as seabourn is the best ! – you may contact me

dhoogheralf at yahoo.com ( please replace at by @ )

Kind regards,

Ralf

Belgium