Insurance Question for Getaway Honeymoon Cruise

RollTideGuy

Hi everybody,

My partner and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on the Getaway on May 3rd.

Because our ceremony is Friday evening, May 2nd, we have to fly in the morning of the cruise. (There are no late flights available afterward.)

I know it is advised to always fly in the day before, but we can't due to the service being the night before.

We are flying out of Atlanta that morning and have booked the earliest flight possible. If something happens to that flight there are still about 5 more that can get us there in time.

My concern is if something happens in the air to divert the plane, causing us to miss the boat.

Are there any Trip Insurance Plans that would cover missing the boat due to flight issues?

We are first time cruisers and would really appreciate your help and feed back.

Thank you in advance!

Hi everybody,

My partner and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on the Getaway on May 3rd.

Because our ceremony is Friday evening, May 2nd, we have to fly in the morning of the cruise. (There are no late flights available afterward.)

I know it is advised to always fly in the day before, but we can't due to the service being the night before.

We are flying out of Atlanta that morning and have booked the earliest flight possible. If something happens to that flight there are still about 5 more that can get us there in time.

My concern is if something happens in the air to divert the plane, causing us to miss the boat.

Are there any Trip Insurance Plans that would cover missing the boat due to flight issues?

We are first time cruisers and would really appreciate your help and feed back.

Thank you in advance!

Yes…if you are working with a TA they will do all of this for you…otherwise there are several other threads on here dealing with the same issue that might point you in the right direction. Congrats!

...We are flying out of Atlanta that morning and have booked the earliest flight possible. If something happens to that flight there are still about 5 more that can get us there in time.

You are in better shape than most of the passengers (other than those driving of course).

With 5 flights that will get you there, in a hub airport, and no connections, you will be fine.

Remember, insurance is to "reimburse you" for expenses. It is not to get you to the ship on time. Had to say that, as people subconsciously think of insurance to make sure they get to cruise as scheduled.

Again, as much as we tend to fly in the day before, coming out of Atlanta you will be fine.

Thank you, GaryCarla.

Just hearing someone else say we should be fine helps ease my fears. LOL

I also appreciate your comment about insurance being for reimbursement. I realize it can't help us catch the ship....I'm just hoping to use it (well hopefully not have to use it) to reimburse in case something happens so we could afford to re-book another honeymoon at a later date.

Sauer-kraut- I will read through the various policies at insuremytrip and see what verbiage is listed that would cover flight mishaps, etc.

Thanks again.

I've used insuremytrip many times and the best part is the live chat - if you narrow down your selections to what you're interested in, you can then live chat them and figure out if that specific incident would be covered. Love that option! You can call also, but I love live chat, as I take a screenshot of everything for future reference. I've been very happy with insuremytrip.

Congrats on the wedding & honeymoon!