Do any anti-ageing creams really work?

Kinkacruiser

Genes do have a lot to do with it. My mom's 85 and her skin is flawless. :D

I used my mom's advice when I was growing up and always washed my face with Noxema. Yep, old school Noxema skin cream. I did that up until I was in my early 30s when I switched to using Clinique products, which I use to this day. I get lots of compliments on my skim, which I thank my mom and Cuban ancestors for). I'm not one to care that much about wrinkles because I feel I've earned them. LOL! The best thing for your face...a great big smile!:D

Edited by mousey

• 1 month later...

At 61 and a sun worshiper from preteens, something was necessary. I swear by Strivectin. Try your new cream on the back of one hand for two weeks, keeping your usual creams on the other hand. Then compare them side by side in good light. If you can't see a difference, don't use it.

Be careful with Retinol, it also thins your skin. It can cause your skin to tear with even slight scrapes, and if you wax your eyebrows, you can literally rip several layers of skin off (enough to cause scarring) if you've been using a Retinol product within the past 30 days.

My aesthetician won't even wax legs if someone has used a Retinol product on their face in the previous month. She suggests a vitamin C based serum under a rich moisturizer to help soften lines and prevent further damage (nothing will make them go away that doesn't require injections, peels, or surgery). She also suggests plain old witch hazel to minimize the pores we get as we age --those even more than lines can make you look older.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

are you in tahiti still ?? how is it ?? hope you are having fun !!