Half Moon Cay

rtlexi

Advice on to excursion or not to excursion.

Will be going in a couple of months but I wanted to know if there are any good spots to go snorkeling within a short walking distance (from tender drop off) without going with an excursion. I would love an opportunity just to explore and snorkel and not be with a tour group. Just wanted some nice one on one time with my teenager.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also I have heard conflicting reports about lunch. One said the ship brings food ashore and is complimentary however someone else said no you have to purchase lunch. Just trying to plan.

Thanks!

Edited by rtlexi

Lunch is definitely free and brought off the ship. Drinks other than the free water, ice tea and I believe lemonade at the buffet can be charged to your card.

The snorkeling in HMC is not the best but there are some posts on this board about the best areas of the island to snorkel.

I would be curious where you see you have to purchase lunch. Yes, any beverages you have to purchase on the ship will need to be purchased on HMC. But food, all of which comes from the ship, is included.

All of this is discussed on this board extensively, as is the snorkelling. As Jamscckmc said, snorkeling isn't great, but there is some.