Celebration Cabins

It looks like our next cruise will be on the Celebration. We were just wondering about cabins. As this will only be our 2nd cruise, the first on the dream, we only have that to compare to. We had the cheapest cabin, deck 5 inside on the Dream. Are the celebration cabins any bigger? Do they have mini bars and tea and coffee? If we were to get an outside cabin on the lowest deck, how far off sea level would we be? What if it was rough? So many questions!

It looks like our next cruise will be on the Celebration. We were just wondering about cabins. As this will only be our 2nd cruise, the first on the dream, we only have that to compare to. We had the cheapest cabin, deck 5 inside on the Dream. Are the celebration cabins any bigger? Do they have mini bars and tea and coffee? If we were to get an outside cabin on the lowest deck, how far off sea level would we be? What if it was rough? So many questions!

Hi lexie,

Celebration standard inside cabins are a good size - no smaller than Dream possibly even slightly bigger. I've not been on since the refurb but storage is excellent - better than Dream with two full length wardrobes and loads of drawer space. There used to be at least three chests of drawers. That may have changed in the upgrade but I'd be very surprised if there still isn't plenty of drawer space. (Which isn't so good on Dream.) I believe they got tea/coffee making facilities in the refurb. Not sure about fridges - sure someone will know.

We usually take inside cabins and I would book a specific (midships) Deck 2. There is absolutely no difference between those and the cabins on decks 3/4 so no advantage in paying the supplement imo. Do book though - you don't want to leave it to luck where you end up as it is noisy at the stern on the lower decks in particular.

Having said that personally I prefer an inside if you are going on the lower decks. Perhaps deck 2 would be OK but we once had an outside deck1 and it was like being in a washing machine! Granted it was storm conditions but they had to come and close the covers to the port holes. :eek: I was never so pleased to respond to the knock on the door at midnight when the engineer arrived. We kept disappearing under water, then we'd surface to very soon get submerged again! That was in the Channel. It may be a very rare occurrence but it can happen. If that would spook you then I'd just settle for an inside. Deck 1 isn't too far above water line but deck 2 would be much better to go for if you did decide on an outside cabin.

Hope that helps. :)