Help - thread title suggestions

In the theme of:

Your 5 favourite............. (people to give their favourites/recommendations/ideas to do with cruise destinations/experiences)

I've got a few ideas (see list below) but would welcome others too. Joe's already suggested 'worst ports' endorsed by Linda. That's a good idea - we need to know the not so good too even if only to get suggestions of what to do there - which excursions are recommended to make the most of the port.

Please don't answer these suggestions for the moment - we can start a new thread from the list perhaps one a week or something like that - but for the moment I'd just like your ideas for thread titles - or modify my suggestions.

Ideas:

My 5 favourite:

worst ports (hopefully we won't have as many as five of these :rolleyes:)

scenic ports (natural beauty)

historic sites (i.e. ports from which can be accessed)

excursions

beach ports (or ports from which to access your favourites)

museums (again with port from where you would get there)

for sail-ins, sail-aways

quaint/iconic (perhaps better or more precise description needed here - thinking of places like Santorini)

relaxing, peaceful (as far as it can be with a cruise ship there!)

I'm sure you'll have lots of good ideas to add to or instead of the above. Please help me to make an interesting and varied list from which we can post a new thread title from time to time and hear about others' best (or even worst) ports and perhaps get ideas of places we'd also like to visit sometime.

Thanks in advance for any help. K :)

Had to really think hard because you seemed to have covered everything, Kruzseeka, until I thought what I have really enjoyed at various ports. So I thought maybe ports with a specific interest in mind. A thread for each interest as I am sure people will come up with a variety.

I was thinking about Art...Cezar Manrique. I would never have known about the Fundacion if you hadn't mentioned it on here.

Walking Tours.... Eg La Palma

Duty free shopping and ports to avoid shopping!

Best ports for local beer, ice cream, coffee, etc

Train journeys

Sports interests....football grounds (Barcelona), Racing (Monaco), etc

Great ideas Jakanne. Thanks. :) When they've all come in I'll make a composite list - it will keep us going for ages when it gets quiet - we can just pop one in we we feel like it. Although it's been quite busy of late - which is good! :D

Maybe have some split between destinations, so top 5 Eastern Med ports, top 5 Caribbean ports etc.

How about top 5 smaller/less known ports, places like Calvi.

I like the top 5 worst ports. Like a good moan. :D

Edited by Sailaway487