Turks and Cacos

Jaylie

There is nothing worth seeing if you take an island tour. A catamaran sail is always nice as the water is beautiful. For the most part it is a "manufactured" port with a nice pool and shopping. The beach is adequate.

We will be taking a 5-night cruise to T&C and wondered two things. Are there any excursions we shouldn't miss, and/or can we just get off the ship and walk around? Thanks for any suggestions.

The Princess power-snorkeling shore excursion is very cool if it's offered on your sailing.

We have been there twice and had a wonderful time both times.

First time we hung out at Margaritaville all day. The water by the beach was too cold and we ended up at the swim up bar all day and had a great time and made friends with some other passengers.

If you like to snorkel we did an excursion with 2 other couples from our roll call one time with Blue Water Divers. It was wonderful! They took us to two snorkel spots and the second one was amazing with color. It was one of our favorite snorkel spots to date. We then spent the rest of the time at Margaritaville again.

I always chuckle about that day because we stayed very late as the ship is right there. An officer came with some Princess employees and the employees started picking up stray towels. He came by our table and offered to take ours back to the ship. I joked and told him that I didn't want to give it to him because my Patters always told me not to give my towels to anyone on the islands offering to take them back to the ship. The officer overheard and started laughing with me.

There are several shops in the area. You can rent golf carts I believe and drive around the island. Other passengers talk about walking up the beach aways to a little beach bar called Jack's Shack. I haven't been there yet, but the posts I have read give it some great reviews.

Edited by Whimsy

We just returned from a cruise with a stop at GT and it is one of our favorite ports thus far. The beach at the port was fine but as others mentioned very rocky. Margaritaville was a lot of fun. We walked down to Jacks Shack but didnt stay just wanted to take some pics of the beach down that way.

We are getting massages at seascape spa

have not been there yet but have heard wonderful reports

Lol...we also heard that Oceanscapes Spa is great...awesome reviews on TripAdvisor

And you should also enjoy the Gibbs Cay tours or take a ride into town and simply explore a while...

It's quaint but nice..

Lol...we also heard that Oceanscapes Spa is great...awesome reviews on TripAdvisor

And you should also enjoy the Gibbs Cay tours or take a ride into town and simply explore a while...

It's quaint but nice..

We are planning on going in to town, visit the museum and grab a bite to eat and drink. Any suggestions on where to have lunch?

• 2 weeks later...
We are planning on going in to town, visit the museum and grab a bite to eat and drink. Any suggestions on where to have lunch?

The Sandbar--right across the street from Manta House. Food very good and the view/atmosphere excellent! (try the conch bites!!)