Beverage Packages on Disney Fantasy

DisneyFamily123

Does Disney have beverage packages to purchase that include bottled water and alcohol drinks? On Celebrity, we paid one price that included just about all drinks from any bars including water, mixed drinks, beer, martinis, etc…. I know soda is included with Disney and we can bring alcohol on board but we liked having all our bar drinks included so we didn't have to worry about price or tossing out a drink if we didn't like it and getting another. Thanks!

Edited by DisneyFamily123

Not as far as I know. As you are aware, soda is included in the cruise fare. You can purchase a case of bottled water, but the ship's water is fine to drink. There are a couple of different wine packages.

If you get a drink that is not good, go back to the bar tender--it will be replaced at no cost!

Also, there is a 2 for 1 happy hour by the adult pool most afternoons around 5. What is not as well known is that this same special is available at any bar. SO, you don't have to get the pre-made drinks with the ice melted down. Walk to the bar yourself and you can get the same beverages made just for you. This special is good on one or 2 drinks each day, not on the whole menu.

The included soda is available on the pool deck at the self serve drink stations aft by the family pools. Soda is also included at sit down meals in the dinning rooms. Soda is not included when ordered in one of the lounges or bars around the ship. These are charged to your room account. Also, soda from room service is in either cans or bottles, and is also a charge. You get free soda on Castaway Cay from the soda fountains, just like on the ship.

All bottled water is a charge to your room account, but the "tap" water is quite good on the ships.

The only alcohol packages are a wine package with a bottle each night in the dinning room. There are no mixed drink alcohol packages from Disney. While Disney makes alcohol available, I certainly didn't feel like they make it a priority to their cruise ships' bottom line. Hence the reason they allow you to bring onboard any kind of alcohol you want. Although, the rules have recently included the stipulation that alcohol brought on board is supposed to only be drank in your cabin and not at any of the public spaces......but they don't police it.

The included soda is available on the pool deck at the self serve drink stations aft by the family pools. Soda is also included at sit down meals in the dinning rooms. Soda is not included when ordered in one of the lounges or bars around the ship. These are charged to your room account. Also, soda from room service is in either cans or bottles, and is also a charge. You get free soda on Castaway Cay from the soda fountains, just like on the ship.

All bottled water is a charge to your room account, but the "tap" water is quite good on the ships.

The only alcohol packages are a wine package with a bottle each night in the dinning room. There are no mixed drink alcohol packages from Disney. While Disney makes alcohol available, I certainly didn't feel like they make it a priority to their cruise ships' bottom line. Hence the reason they allow you to bring onboard any kind of alcohol you want. Although, the rules have recently included the stipulation that alcohol brought on board is supposed to only be drank in your cabin and not at any of the public spaces......but they don't police it.

Not all that recent. That's been in the policy at least as long as we've cruised DCL (since 2008). Probably longer.

Although, the rules have recently included the stipulation that alcohol brought on board is supposed to only be drank in your cabin and not at any of the public spaces......but they don't police it.

This rule has always been in the fine print, but is rarely enforced. The cooler rule wasn't enforced until some guests decided to bring a cooler of beer to the pool area (violating at least 3 written rules). It is easier to say "no coolers" to everyone than to try to tell the guest who has had several beers that he can't bring his cooler of beer to the pool.

The "in your cabin" is not enforced as long as you aren't obnoxious about it. Wan't to carry a glass of wine into the dining room? Fine. Carry around bottles or cans that DCL doesn't sell? Not gonna fly.

• 3 weeks later...

Are soft sided coolers allowed? I'm not looking to ice things down and keep them cold or anything but years ago brought a rolling soft cooler with waterbottles and a couple wine bottles. I may also want to bring some LaCroix water cans. (does the ship have calorie free spritzed water that isn't "diet"?)

it was convenient b/c padded a bit and it rolled and drinks are heavy. are those "coolers" allowed to be rolled onto the ship nowadays?

Are soft sided coolers allowed? I'm not looking to ice things down and keep them cold or anything but years ago brought a rolling soft cooler with waterbottles and a couple wine bottles. I may also want to bring some LaCroix water cans. (does the ship have calorie free spritzed water that isn't "diet"?)

it was convenient b/c padded a bit and it rolled and drinks are heavy. are those "coolers" allowed to be rolled onto the ship nowadays?

No.

From the DCL website:

•Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/alcohol-onboard/

and

Q:What items are not permitted on board?

A:In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

•Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

and

Coolers are not permitted except for those needed for medications, baby food or items related to dietary constraints. Items must be pre-packaged, unopened and cannot require any food prep from the kitchen. Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board. Homemade items or pre-cooked items purchased on the way to the ship will not be allowed to be brought aboard. Also, open bags or containers of snack items should not be brought aboard. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom; the ship's storage and/or refrigeration are not available to use.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/coolers/

No. Coolers are not allowed except at noted for medications.

Another example of a couple of guests ruining it for all. What I was told (cannot verify) is that there was a dear "gentleman" who took his soft sided cooler filled with beer to the pool where he became quite disorderly. OK, so he was violating several written policies....but DCL's response was to enforce their existing "no cooler" rule. It is easier to enforce a rule at security screening than to deal with it after boarding.