Getting foggy down here!

MichelleChell

Yes, it is foggy even 60 miles inland where I live. No ship this morning on the webcam and the only info on the website is the information for the delay last week. Also, haven't seen anything on FB about the delay. They really need to provide info for those sailing today.

We have had several fog delays out of Galveston. A little inconvenient and once we even boarded after 6 pm and didn't leave til morning. Still made all our ports and received a $25 obc pp for the extra inconvenience. Oh, and its also the cheapest time to cruise and no hurricanes. Fog Shmog!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is the fog when the day temps warm up? We sail next Sunday. Hope the weather cooperates. We sailed NYE and was able to go out but it was a little chilly.

I know someone who has been banned from that app. LOL

Can I ask how? That is crazy!

Minnieiowa: it has the stats of every ship from every cruise line. If available, deck cams. It has deck plans that you can download onto your phone so you can view them offline (while of the ship without cell service) it keeps track of who is in your group and has a roll call. It is an amazing app.

Can I ask how? That is crazy!

They got in a fight with the developer over spamming their FB group in the app forums, I think. They're the only person I have ever heard of being banned from a phone app. LOL

Is the fog when the day temps warm up? We sail next Sunday. Hope the weather cooperates. We sailed NYE and was able to go out but it was a little chilly.

We tend to get fog here when the temps are warm and a little humid during the day then it gets cool at night.

I just read that there is only one customs line open. It is going really slow. The folks supposed to leave today are being given $20 OBC to pay for lunch. My guess is that they will also get dinner OBC pretty soon. It would stink sitting in that pier waiting for the ship to clear. We were delayed 36 hours out of Galveston in February a few years ago. It was a bad deal. Hope this clears because we are supposed to leave on 2/15

I just read that there is only one customs line open. It is going really slow. The folks supposed to leave today are being given $20 OBC to pay for lunch. My guess is that they will also get dinner OBC pretty soon. It would stink sitting in that pier waiting for the ship to clear. We were delayed 36 hours out of Galveston in February a few years ago. It was a bad deal. Hope this clears because we are supposed to leave on 2/15

i hope it clears too! we leave next sunday!! :D