St Lucia. Consol Tours

I have been trying to email Consol to booked his All Day Tour but my email keeps being returned - undelivered. I know rom previous reports that several people have been on this tour and wondered if you used a different address from the one on the website. (consol966@hotmail.com) We went on this tour last time we visited St Lucia and it was brilliant. Thanks for any help

I have been trying to email Consol to booked his All Day Tour but my email keeps being returned - undelivered. I know rom previous reports that several people have been on this tour and wondered if you used a different address from the one on the website. (consol966@hotmail.com) We went on this tour last time we visited St Lucia and it was brilliant. Thanks for any help

Hi Ashby,:) hope you and DH are both well. Seems a long time since Lubeck!

I think you're not getting a response because you have the name wrong - it isn't coNsol but cosol - no 'N'. Try this link:

http://cosol-tours.com/

Thanks I will try that. We are doing the TA back to Palma in April so I am now planning tours etc. Lot of new places to investigate including Bermunda and Azores. We do like to do our own trips if possible. Pleased that the reviews of the Dream seem to be improving.

Yes thanks I have managed to book Cosul - I posted a reply on Sunday but it disappeared. I had spelt the name wrong. I am now reseraching what to do in Ponta delgarda- have you any info?At present I am looking at the full day with lunch with Thomson unless I can find 4 others to join us on a local provide day.

Yes thanks I have managed to book Cosul - I posted a reply on Sunday but it disappeared. I had spelt the name wrong. I am now reseraching what to do in Ponta delgarda- have you any info?At present I am looking at the full day with lunch with Thomson unless I can find 4 others to join us on a local provide day.

Sorry no, haven't been there. You might have more joy on the Ports Forum. I think this is a new one to Thomson so there may not be much info on here yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Cosol tours were amazing, the hot bread and cheese on the way back to the ship is beautiful! Fantastic day :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where do they take you on this tour and is there a bit of time for the beach. The big question if I can be so rude is how long is the tour and how much does it cost.

We would like to be a bit more DIY, but are always afraid something will go wrong, so end up on the ships tour. Last time we went to St Lucia I felt overwhelmed by all the taxi drivers by the information desk, and we ended up going nowhere!

Sweby

Details on his website:

http://cosol-tours.com/tours.html

Our tour was pretty much like this, I think he changes it slightly as we never did Marigot bay. You have the choice of going in the mud baths or carrying on up the hill to see the sulphur springs.

You will have just over an hour at the beach between the Pitons,take your snorkel. It's an amazing setting.

Getting in the pool at the waterfall was great too.

Well worth the money.

Where do they take you on this tour and is there a bit of time for the beach. The big question if I can be so rude is how long is the tour and how much does it cost.

We would like to be a bit more DIY, but are always afraid something will go wrong, so end up on the ships tour. Last time we went to St Lucia I felt overwhelmed by all the taxi drivers by the information desk, and we ended up going nowhere!

Sweby

You echo my fears. I would love to do more DIY but just not brave enough when faced with the masses of map waving drivers. In January we did wander round the area near the ship on 2 or 3 islands instead of doing a tour, but even sitting in the botanical gardens a mini bus driver came over trying to get his bus filled up.

Sweby

Supposed to be 5 or 5.5 hours but I think our trip lasted nearly 7 hours! We went to the Soufriere volcano, a small botanical garden, a boat trip to Jalousie beach and just under the Pitons. We had about an hour or so there which was time for a swim. There was some basic beach furniture but we weren't able to sit on the better part of the beach as that was for the hotel guests. A buffet of local food, rum punches/beer, local biscuits and fresh bread and cheese are all included. I think we paid about £45 which is excellent value.

Have you seen the link to his website post #2? That will give you the details. A lot of us have used Cosol and there are overwhelming positive reviews. He meets you off the ship and even if the trip over-runs he will have you back in good time before you are due to sail.

As for other places in the Caribbean, do your research, decide where you want to set off early and as long as you build in loads of time to get back you will be fine. There are loads of taxis around the beaches. There are lots of us on here who can give you some ideas/help if you want specific advice on particular ports of call. The Caribbean is one of the best places for DiY. Give it a try and good luck. :)

Edited by kruzseeka

Thanks for that Kruzseeka. Yes, I have found the link now, but will definitely be on to pick your brains for more ideas nearer the time. This is for next year, but want to do the Easter cruise. Have only decided this morning and now I am trying to plan out each day. Part of the fun of booking early is the anticipation, as opposed to cost. A whole year to look forward to it!

Sweby

Thanks for that Kruzseeka. Yes, I have found the link now, but will definitely be on to pick your brains for more ideas nearer the time. This is for next year, but want to do the Easter cruise. Have only decided this morning and now I am trying to plan out each day. Part of the fun of booking early is the anticipation, as opposed to cost. A whole year to look forward to it!

Sweby

Enjoy your planning sweby. :) I agree it's all part of the excitement. Hopefully we'll have the search function back soon then we will be able to find lots of different reviews of what people did on various island. That might help you to make up your mind about what you would like to do at each port. ;)

You echo my fears. I would love to do more DIY but just not brave enough when faced with the masses of map waving drivers. In January we did wander round the area near the ship on 2 or 3 islands instead of doing a tour, but even sitting in the botanical gardens a mini bus driver came over trying to get his bus filled up.

You will find that if you do your research on here before you go, you will get excursions/ firms that are very reliant on reviews so are very aware of the time restraints of cruise passengers. The vast majority of those recommended on here are brilliant and much cheaper and more personal than any cruise line tours.

We did this tour last week. We found it quite tiring and the stops rushed. The problem is there are long distances to be covered by road and particularly at the volcano it is absolutely packed with tour busses. We were disappointed not to be able to do the mud bath. We had not eaten breakfast and by the time we eventually stopped for this I was hungry and fed up. After a drink and some food though things began looking up. The boat trip to the piton beach was brilliant and I would have loved to have spent more time on that and at the beach. I had to rush to get my snorkelling gear on($10 additional cost) and only had time to swim out and back before we saw the boat returning. We didn't get the hot bread as the bakery has been washed away but did have a stop on the way back where we had a lovely view and were given the bread cold and cling wrapped. The main problem was lack of time I had been looking forward to going in the waterfall. I did do it,

but again only had seconds in which to do this and was putting my clothes on whilst the rest of he tour were already heading back to the bus. If you want to see the volcano and the Piton beach it is inevitably going to be a long day mainly consisting of driving.

Big shame about the bakery as the bread is amazing!

The tour is a busy day but I think definately worth it to see the island

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I agree - it perhaps suits those who want to see quite a lot in the day. Perhaps it's not totally the best for anyone who wants to make sure they have snorkelling and bathing opportunities because of time constraints. Good point to raise this though as although we found the trip great, it might not meet everyone's needs.

there is a good/great bakery at gros islet on the main street its called manee's

fantastic pastries, just ask anyone in the neighbourhood to point you in the right direction....its where the locals go for their bread...the bread is amazing, the pastries are fabulous, they do a kind of coconut rock cake/bun ideal for a snack on the beach:cool:

It is a long trip, but as the rum punch starts flowing and you get to know your fellow passengers the time flies in the minibus. We loved it.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

We did too - it was supposed to be 5.5 hours and I think it was nearer 7 by the time we got back. Such a full day - but very interesting and varied and excellent value for money.

Our party of 6 went on his tour two years ago and we all agree it was the best tour we have ever been on in the Caribbean. We booked it in England and never paid a deposit and only paid him at the end of the tour. Everything you want to see in St Lucia can be seen on this tour. Absolutely brilliant.