What time to arrive at Port of New Orleans?

jimicaj

Our cruise documents indicate that boarding will be 1:30-3:00 p.m., but what time is best to arrive? I'd like to get onto the ship as soon as possible. This is my mom and sister's first cruise, and our first girl trip, so I want to make the most of it! Thanks!

Our cruise documents indicate that boarding will be 1:30-3:00 p.m., but what time is best to arrive? I'd like to get onto the ship as soon as possible. This is my mom and sister's first cruise, and our first girl trip, so I want to make the most of it! Thanks!

I cruised out of NOLA in November and December. First time boarding was delayed until after noon but the second time i was on by about 11:15. Platinum boarding.

Have a great gf's cruise!

I can't say for sure about New Orleans, but we always try to get to the terminals by around 11:00. I know it always says on paperwork later, but we don't pay any attention to them. We like to get onboard early and have lunch. I will be keeping an eye on this since we are cruising out of New Orleans in July.

I normally arrive at the pier (regardless of which one) around 10:30 and in almost all cases boarding begins between 11:30 and 12.

However, I'm on the Sunshine next Sunday and it's a Bloggers Cruise with over 700 Bloggers most of whom are Platinum and 100+ Diamonds.....so I'm debating whether to go at 9:30 or wait until after noon.

If I get there after boarding has begun, then I should be able to breeze right through the VIP lounge and go to the head of the embarkation line......

We cruised in August ... we got there about 10:30am. We didn't have FTTF or other priority boarding, but we got Zone 2 and were on board eating lunch at 11:30-11:45. It was pretty quick. :)

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

Thank you for this. I am sailing out of NOLA in June. It is my first cruise so I am trying to get all the info I can. :D

we just sailed on sunshine on jan 26th got to port 900am didnt know if they would let us in but they did hardly anyone there got a good parking place by elevators and no wait to check in had a bit of a wait for bording but that was ok with us probably boarded about 1130 they had some computer issues that slowed it down a bit not bad though

we just sailed on sunshine on jan 26th got to port 900am didnt know if they would let us in but they did hardly anyone there got a good parking place by elevators and no wait to check in had a bit of a wait for bording but that was ok with us probably boarded about 1130 they had some computer issues that slowed it down a bit not bad though

We were on the cruise just prior to yours. We were also late coming into port most likely due to the fog.

The porters told me they open parking for cruisers coming in around 8am. That said, we arrived around 10:30 and had no issues. We had FTTF but another group traveling with us did not. They were in zone 1 or 2. We had time to drop our stuff in our room and get back to deck 7 before they boarded. We were onboard by 11:30

We have cruised out of NOLA many times and always try to be at the port by 10:30. You beat the heavy crowd and can be on the ship in the first group. Usually by 11:20 - 11:40. Cabins are not open until 1:30 or so but you have plenty of time to have lunch and explore the ship. I always try to find my munster station before the drill begins but I never go to the location until most of the crowd has had time to find their spot. This will keep you from being backed against the wall with four rows of people in front of you stepping on your toes.