Ft Lauderdale Downtown Hotels

meisha

You are probably too early for a bid for next March, but give it a try to familiarize yourself with the process. Look at Hotwire too. But first spend some time looking over the information at [url="http://www.biddingfun"]www.biddingfun[/url] and [url="http://www.biddingfortravel"]www.biddingfortravel[/url]. It's invaluable.

The short answer is yes. But you cannot bid on any specific hotel. You must select the "grade" of the hotel (1-4 star) you are interested in and the geographical area (Ft. Lauderdale downtown, Ft. Lauderdale beach areas, etc..).

03/03 Carnival Spirit/Panama Canal/17 days
03/04 Norweigan Dream Transatlantic/Europe/17 nights
07/04 Celebrity/ Century/Caribbean/7 nights
09/04 Celebrity Summit/Alaska/14 nights
12/04 Celebrity Mercury/Mexico/10 nights

Cpristash: I was a little scared to bid on PL too. After talking to my son that bids on PL all the time, I decided to give it a go. Our cruise is for next Feb.7 on the Summit.
I put in the highest bid that I would pay, and it was accepted. I wanted the Embassy or Marriott. I ended up with the Rennaissance, an upgrade to 4 *. I bid on a 3 * for Downtown FLL.
My bid was $79.00.
I know the money is not refundable, but I figure the price was right, and right location. I figure if something happens and we can't sail, the $79.00 is just an evening out to dinner that didn't happen!
Good luck with your bidding.

Oh, I also went to all the recommended web sites for information, as previous posters suggested.

Grace

signman,,,,actuall, I was really thinking of doing it now...as you say, to become familiar with the process...thanks for the confirmation [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I booked the Rennissance 4 star direct - Senior Citizen Discount $93. no payment till stay. It's a little more than priceline but I can cancel. And I'm probably going to cancel and stay at The Atlantic which I didn't know about till he other day.

I agree with the prev. posters about Priceline! Used them for my upcoming Nov. San Diego cruise & got exactly what I wanted for CHEAP!!! Had never used them before & my 1st experience was GREAT. Have used them since 3 more times & gotten fantastic properties at great prices! I am HOOKED!

Rosie
E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Look out MERCURY Here we come!!!

September 2005--"Millie in the Med"--We're there!

Well I don't think the Atlantic has any senior rates - the only rates I've seen start at around $250.00 / night.

03/03 Carnival Spirit/Panama Canal/17 days
03/04 Norweigan Dream Transatlantic/Europe/17 nights
07/04 Celebrity/ Century/Caribbean/7 nights
09/04 Celebrity Summit/Alaska/14 nights
12/04 Celebrity Mercury/Mexico/10 nights

cpristash,

It is probably way too early for you to get anything on priceline. And it is probably not a good idea to use priceline so early, because your fee would be non-refundable. The best strategy is to make a reservation (without paying) at nice hotel at a reasonable rate as a backup.

Most of the good rates are released though priceline about 3 months before. Be sure to read and understand the information on biddingfortravel.com before you bid. I can't stress that enough.

Splendour of the Seas, 11/17/00
Summit, 10/28/02
Mercury, 5/05/04

For 5 you'd really need 2 rooms. Very few hotels can easily accommodate that many people in a single room, and I'd not risk it with Priceline (4 in Fort Lauderdale isn't a problem, 5 could be). However, you're saving so much with Priceline that the two rooms would likely be around the price of 1 regularly and you'll be much more comfortable.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">[i]Amber[/i]</font>
<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource
BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Grace, does your hotel have airport and port shuttle? I have been trying to get Marriot and Embassy also byt wonder if I would be ok trying for your hotel. I'm flying in and would rather not pay cabs from airport and then to port on Saturday. I also wanted to take water taxi to Los Olas and meet some CC folks for dinner. Do you know if this is anyway in the same area? thanks to anyone who knows this info.

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Re the shuttle to/from Renaissance: According to folks on this BB, the Ren does not have a shuttle, either from the airport or to the dock.
But, things may change come Feb. (for us).

The water taxi is just down the street, and you can walk to it from the Ren and Marriott. Also nearby are many good restaurants and a Publix.

Grace

You might want to call the Renaissance directly. When last I checked with them (around January this year) they did have an airport shuttle, but not one to the port.

The Renaissance is located between the Embassy Suites and Marriott on 17th, so it is in the same area as you have been trying. It is at the 4* level in the Downtown zone in Fort Lauderdale.

One bidding tip for you. If you'd like to try for this property, you MUST select the 4* level first, as you can bid 3* afterward, but not before. When you bid at a level on Priceline, you're actually bidding for that level and all those above. A number of people have been upgraded from a 3* bid to the 4* Renaissance by Priceline. So start your bid process with a 4* bid (you have 4 rebid zones), then if they are unsuccessful, start over with a fresh bid screen and start your 3* bidding.

Hope that helps!

Amber,

I am going to try this priceline thing again. I really want the Marriot and someone told me there is now a 3 star in Miramar so what do you think I should bid? I can book direct through Marriot Rewards and get 2 water taxi rides and 2 breakfasts or I guess just a big room service one since I'm alone! LOL! for $119 with a view of the port. I didn't know what value those items had. Hope you're online and can advise. This board has been so crazy tonight!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Gail,

I just checked, and there is currently no 3* in Miramar for your dates. The way you can check is before you bid, select ONLY Miramar and Pompano (not Downtown) and click Next. As long as the highest level you see is 2.5*, they're still both safe to use as rebid zones. Then click Back, uncheck them and check only Downtown and you're set to start your bidding.

As for the value of the extras booking directly, the Water Taxi tickets are $5/person for unlimited rides in one day. Breakfast figure $15-20 in value. Decide for yourself if that's worth it to you to be guaranteed the Marriott as opposed to the Embassy Suites [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I do have this thread and our roll call thread marked for notifications, or you can still find my email in my profile if you need more help. I think you also have my phone number [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks, Amber. I have these threads marked for notification also, but all my notifications stopped about 5:30 today. I thought everyones had, but mayve it's just mine!

Amber, Thanks for the help! Just got the Mariott or however you spell it for $60 on the first try, so $74 with tax. That's a savings even figuring in breakfast and the warter taxi. I couldn't see anywhere on the Marriott site if they have shuttles or not. I'll find out when I get there I guess!

Congrats, Gail! Nicely done [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The Marriott does have a shuttle to the cruise port, but none from the airport. Should be an $8-10 cab ride, depending on traffic. Be sure to sign up for the cruise port shuttle if you want it when you check in. It does fill up quickly. If you'd rather taxi it to the cruise port, to Celebrity's dock is generally $6-8, depending on the back-up at security (shouldn't be too bad, only 3 major ships in port on Saturday that I'm aware of).

What time do you get in? Are you going to be able to join us for drinks/dinner/drinks on the 4th I hope?

Amber,

I get in at 1 something so I'm going to see if I can leave my luggage at the hotel and maybe take the water taxi someplace for lunch just to kill some time. I'm planning on doing the meeting for drinks thing but may not go on to dinner. I'll be up pretty early having to get over to Tallahassee to catch my flight so I may be tired. How early can we board? Is it like the others and we can get on around 11? And what time and where is everyone meeting for the drinks?

Gail,

Odds are that by 1PM you should be able to check into your room without problem, especially on a Friday. But if not, their bellmen are good about storing luggage. I think I get in around 2:30 and am likely to take a short nap before we meet up in the evening.

I believe the plan is to meet in the lobby at 6 to head over to the Pier 66 for drinks (in the revolving lounge). Dinner afterwards up at Los Olas so we can each choose a restaurant we prefer (we'll take the water taxi up), then back to the Marriott waterside bar for apres dinner drinks. I may not make it past dinner myself, as I have to be up at o'dark hundred for my own flight, but definitely will do the first two parts.

As for boarding, should be by 11 - 11:30ish unless there's a delay in disembarkation.

Archived