Cabbage beach for a few hours?

Greek cruiser

We are sailing the Oasis during Spring Break. We get into Nassau at 7 and depart at 2.

We usually try to go to the beach and do a little shopping or site seeing in Caribbean ports...

Is Cabbage Beach worth grabbing a cab to go to for a few hours? Certainly cheaper than Atlantis for such a short amount of time. Anyone know what a cab runs and how much a chair to rent costs?

This is our first time to Nassau.

Thank you for your time.

We are sailing the Oasis during Spring Break. We get into Nassau at 7 and depart at 2.

We usually try to go to the beach and do a little shopping or site seeing in Caribbean ports...

Is Cabbage Beach worth grabbing a cab to go to for a few hours? Certainly cheaper than Atlantis for such a short amount of time. Anyone know what a cab runs and how much a chair to rent costs?

This is our first time to Nassau.

Thank you for your time.

Do you mean Cable beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The taxi fare to Cabbage Beach is $4 a person (plus tip) and it will be a shared van, probably with people going to Atlantis. :) They will drop you off at the public entrance next to RIU Palace. There will be cabs around to take you back. If you don't see any, walk over to RIU. It costs $11 for two people to get back to port. I'd suggest heading back to the ship around noon-12:30 to give yourself plenty of time.

I think it's a good option for a few hours. There aren't any restroom facilities but you can rent beach chairs and buy drinks. There are also several beach massage tents. It will probably be crowded during spring break but if you walk down the beach a bit (the opposite direction of Atlantis), it is much quieter.

Do be careful in the water. We've been there when it was very, very rough and we've been there when it was calm but there was still a steep drop-off. Gorgeous beach, though.

Enjoy!

Here's a pic taken last October:

ry%3D480

Edited by CruisinCrow

As previously mentioned, the water at Cabbage Beach can be very rough. We took a taxi this past May to Cabbage Beach from the port but we ended up only staying for an hour or so because it was almost impossible to walk in the water due to the waves, etc. We headed back into town and ended up at Junkanoo Beach for the afternoon. It was busier than Cabbage Beach but the water was calmer. :)

Thank you CruisinCrow and hancogran! I appreciate you taking the time to give me some first hand advice!

I will talk it over with my husband.

jwlnroe, thanks for responding. I had to double check that I had the name right. haha. So many beaches out there. :)

Safe travels!

Phyllis