Complimentary alcohol owners suite

bsugar

Has NCL discontinued this benefit on the Dawn? We booked 10006 and were told we were entitled to 3 complimentary bottles of alcohol and could choose from a menu. I have called NCL and no one knows about this. Can anyone help. Thanks

There will be a menu in your suite when you board. The Butler will gather your choices for you. I tried calling the pre-cruise concierge last time....indicated which bottles we wanted....and the only thing in the suite when we arrived was the menu!! :D

Our experience with the pre-cruise concierge is a bit hit & miss - but yes, they're the only folks who can help you select your liquor before boarding. When we boarded in November, the Butler had our selections noted, but not all of the liquors were available on the Gem so we made a few new selections and then he delivered them to us by the end of the first night. Next time I'm in that level of a suite (and I pray there is a next time! :D), I'll just wait until we board.

Has NCL discontinued this benefit on the Dawn? We booked 10006 and were told we were entitled to 3 complimentary bottles of alcohol and could choose from a menu. I have called NCL and no one knows about this. Can anyone help. Thanks

Wait until you get onboard. Menu will be there and they will be brought to you promptly. You also get mixers.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a related question. We're on the Sun in June heading to Alaska and staying in stateroom 9076, a Penthouse Suite. It's category SE. Are we entitled to any bottles or is that just in the Owner's Suite? Thanks!

Jim

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a related question. We're on the Sun in June heading to Alaska and staying in stateroom 9076, a Penthouse Suite. It's category SE. Are we entitled to any bottles or is that just in the Owner's Suite? Thanks!

Jim

Afraid not. Only Owners and Deluxe Owners.

Here is a recent menu.

Below are some of the complimentary amenities that will be made available to you, our valued suite guest. Please select your preferences from the menu below.

Please choose 3 bottles from the list below."

Liquor

Beefeater Gin

Grant's Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Burboun

Seagram's 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Run

Sauza Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whisky

Kahlua

Alice White Chardonnay

Kira Private Reserve Merlot

Jim

As someone else posted, that suite does not get any bottles, but it is a lovely suite! If we sailed the Sun again, we'd likely choose that cabin again. Enjoy!

You also get mixers for your alcohol as well. We had orange, cranberry, and pineapple juice, sodas, margarita mix, etc. We had our butler bring in a cooler and he kept it full of ice. We also got a blender. We were in the garden villa so we got 6 bottles, but mixers were replenished upon consumption (not sure if it is the same for the OS and DOS). Enjoy!!

There will be a menu in your suite when you board. The Butler will gather your choices for you. I tried calling the pre-cruise concierge last time....indicated which bottles we wanted....and the only thing in the suite when we arrived was the menu!! :D

The butler can not access the liquor until they leave port and the bar manager can release it, so I was told it can't be in your cabin when you first arrive.

As someone else posted, that suite does not get any bottles, but it is a lovely suite! If we sailed the Sun again, we'd likely choose that cabin again. Enjoy!

Good to know! This will be our very first cruise and we couldn't be more excited. It's a surprise for my wife. She thinks I booked an Oceanview room. Can't wait to see her face when she sees the suite!

Jim

We sailed last March in one of the OS on the Sky. Three bottles were included as well as pop, water, juice etc from the fridge. We ordered our brands with the concierge and switched one out mid cruise with another brand without issue. These perks should most definitely be taken into account when considering the cost benefit of moving to these larger more expensive suite.

The butler can not access the liquor until they leave port and the bar manager can release it, so I was told it can't be in your cabin when you first arrive.

It's always been in our suite when we boarded. Never had to wait or ask anyone. Made our selections before boarding and booze and mixers were waiting when we arrived.