Favorite Carnival Ship-Least Favorite Carnival Ship

winddawn

I've only ever been on the Elation and I loved, loved, loved it!

My least favorite thing about it, though, was just the one tiny pool that was always jam packed with kids so we could never get near it. It was in August, though, so that would be a lesson for us. :o

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

The Legend is probably my favorite. Although I didn't care for the atrium decor, I thought the dining room was very elegant. The ship never felt crowded, and there were many inside areas for sitting and reading. We also had great entertainment on the European cruise I was on in September.

The Sunshine is my LEAST favorite. I just got off the Sunshine today, and although we had a great time, I hated the lay out of the ship. It was not designed to handle the number of people on board. We had wonderful service in the dining room with Horacia and Samuel from Guatemala. The crew really worked hard to please, but the entertainment was POOR, and quite inferior to what we experienced on the Legend. It also did not compare to what we experienced on the Conquest last year. I thought the decor was cheap looking, and the balcony rooms were smaller than on the Legend and Conquest. It would take a FANTASTIC itinerary and price to get me on the Sunshine again. I found no elegance on the Sunshine. It appeared to be designed for drinking, gambling, and water fun. It didn't appeal to our senior age group who don't participate in these activities.

Loved the Breeze for all the places to eat, the Waterworks slides, the ropes course, and friends/family sailing with us. Our son proposed to his GF on Valentines Day 2013. Good memories.

The Glory, I have mixed feelings. Our first Carnival cruise, but then 2nd time on her, bad cruise cuz of Family/friends that went along. Sisters husband had to,have open heart surgery 2 weeks before and missed the cruise :(, but niece still came and was pretty down. Kids friend made cruise experience miserable. :mad: only good thing, we cruised again in October just to wash away the bad memories from the Glory. Not the ships fault, just memories. Also, don't like the galley in the middle, always confused me and added steps.

I will have to remember this on the Liberty! :D

I'll be ready! And yes, my husband was quite confused with the non-smoking cigar bar. That was pre-2.0 and we're sailing her sister ship Glory on Sunday, so I'm interested to see how they compare now.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised with the wide range of likes and dislikes. I guess I expected more of a theme throughout the thread with maybe a couple of ships being standouts or losers. That doesn't seem to be the case at all. The only thing I've seen mentioned numerous times is décor. Lots of people don't seem to care for the décor.

What is your favorite Carnival ship and your least favorite Carnival ship? Feel free to explain why.

My favorite is Sunshine. Least favorite is Imagination.

My least favorite ship is the Conquest- only because it doesn't have a serenity deck :(

My favorite ship is the Fascination- not only did it have a serenity deck but everything about this ship was nice when I sailed on her ;)

My wish list ship- The Breeze! I can't wait to sail on her one day :p

My least favorite ship is the Conquest- only because it doesn't have a serenity deck :(

My favorite ship is the Fascination- not only did it have a serenity deck but everything about this ship was nice when I sailed on her ;)

My wish list ship- The Breeze! I can't wait to sail on her one day :p

Oh! Nice addition--a wish list ship! I'd like to sail on the Breeze too. Fascination is my next cruise. I like that ship too, and it seems to attract a nice clientele from the Jacksonville area. I have Freedom booked too for later this year to see the new upgrades. I'll be watching for a good fare on Breeze too though.

been 7 different ones

Favorite was the Dream....love the layout and the deck that goes all the way around the ship.

least favorite was the Miracle.....hated the layout and those grapes in the dining room...yuk

Favorite: Magic or Dream

Least Favorite: Destiny - BY FAR - Smokey, dirty, dark, ugly ship, - don't even want to go on the Sunshine because I can't imagine them making the Destiny that nice...

Sunshine is a great improvement over Destiny IMO. The décor has lots of blues instead of the old 70s style golds. And the waterfall in the Serenity area is really nice. Guy's Burgers, the Blue Iguana Cantina and other 2.0 upgrades are nice too. You should try Sunshine and then decide. I can't wait to try Magic and Dream.

Favorite is the Liberty and least favorite is the Inspiration. We got spoiled on the Liberty and the Inspiration just couldn't measure up.

Our favorite is the Liberty. We loved all the 2.0 upgrades and the layout of Lido deck. Our least favorite is the Inspiration.

I totally agree with these two!

My favorite is the Spirit class. I've been on three of the four ships. Nice layout and best passenger space ratio.

Least favorite is the Fantasy class. I don't like the layout of the ship and the smaller passenger space ratio. That said, there has been some improvement since the redesign. However, the Fantasy class still has the worst layout.

I have not been on any of the Dream class ships yet.