Half Moon Cay Villa

jp12687

Hey,

I was reading about half moon cay villas and my group decided to do it. I saw that when Holland America is on the island they have a butler upgrade that includes beverages-- do they do this on carnival?

also anyone from experience know which is the best villa in terms of location?

thanks!

Going for the first time this July. Hoping to get Beach Villa D (between cabanas 8 and 9) or Beach Villa E (between cabanas 12 and 13).

Not looking forward to long walks with food trays but like the idea of less crowded beaches. The children's play area looks pretty far away on the map from these Beach Villas. Maybe the tram goes down to the end?

We had villa D in July. It was wonderful. Perfect for our group of 15. Far enough from the dj that we couldn't hear too much of it.

We didn't carry food back, just ate at the picnic tables by the BBQ. It is a bit of a walk. I think someone carried some snacks back, but not food food.

Going for the first time this July. Hoping to get Beach Villa D (between cabanas 8 and 9) or Beach Villa E (between cabanas 12 and 13).

Not looking forward to long walks with food trays but like the idea of less crowded beaches. The children's play area looks pretty far away on the map from these Beach Villas. Maybe the tram goes down to the end?

The kids in our group (5 of them from 2-9) never noticed the play area, and we brought dollar store sand toys with us. It's a very long walk back there. You could take the tram but you'd waste a lot of time

We just got back from Half Moon Cay the end of January. We had Cabana 13 so that would be beside E. IT was a great location. Not far from the washrooms, they delver tons of food, not sure you'll even need to go to the BBQ for lunch. And it's far enough away from all the crowds to thoroughly enjoy a realxing day at the beach!

Last April, we had the 3rd villa from the "shipwreck" bar - it was wonderful!! So wonderful, in fact, we've booked the same cruise again this year and booked the same villa. We shared the villa with the couple we were travelling with -- loved having comfy chairs, shade, air conditioning, full bathroom w/shower, and more food than we could possibly eat. Fruit trays, vegie trays, chips/salsa/guac trays, cold drinks, and waiters at our fingertips for bar drinks. The water was like a soothing bath, the view was beautiful, no complaints other than we couldn't spend a week there! DO IT!

To the OP, sorry....the butler upgrade is only available from HAL.

I'm pretty sure it does. We had Cabana #11 last time, and the road continued past it toward the 'outer periphery' cabanas and villas. :)

• 1 month later...

Just got back from the Victory. We booked a villa (E was accessible for Mom). BEST EVER! We had a group of 8. Works out ot less than most excursions cost per person. Hot tub was awesome. They had chips, dips, veggies and drinks (sodas and water) included. Bar service came to us regularly. Hot tub guy checked water first thing and then again at noon-great guy! Wonderful spot for Mom and all of us to sit on the covered porch. Beach not crowded or noisy at that end. 5 minute walk to food. Private bath/shower great to have. I have cruised 30 plus times, and this was one of my top 10 days ever on a cruise. Highly recommend!

Edited by kkmonga

We are a group of 21. I have some mobility issues and my mom is wheelchair bound. I rented two villas for our group. I also have FTF so I am hoping to get a good choice of the villas when we board.

Our group will also have children aged 4-11-11-12. Given all that information can anyone recommend what Villas I should try and get?

thanks for your insight. We have never been to HMC and are excited about going.

We are a group of 21. I have some mobility issues and my mom is wheelchair bound. I rented two villas for our group. I also have FTF so I am hoping to get a good choice of the villas when we board.

Our group will also have children aged 4-11-11-12. Given all that information can anyone recommend what Villas I should try and get?

thanks for your insight. We have never been to HMC and are excited about going.

D and E. I believe E is the most accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk