How to order room service in suite

aksharp1

Hi there. My family of 3 are going on the Pearl in September. We are in a 2-bedroom suite. Our first time on NCL. I understand that we can order pretty much anything for room service (and the cover charge if from a specialty restaurant). My question is, how do we do it? Our last cruise, 2 years ago, was on Carnival and we ordered room service thru the tv, which we thought was pretty neat. How would we go about doing it on a suite?

A) Can you order thru your tv and then your butler brings it to you

B) Do you call room service and then your butler brings it to you

C) Do you call your butler and tell him/her

Thanks!

You call your butler and he/she will bring it to you. I see you are going in Sept- are you going on the Alaska itinerary? If so, that one has some late port times- one nights when we knew we were going to be later getting back to the room (and exhausted from an active port time), we ordered dinner to be waiting in our suite when we returned- everything was there and set up for us when we walked in the door. That was particularly nice because we had young kids with us.... enjoy the suite on NCL, they are the best!

B or C.

There are no interactive TV systems on NCL ships before Gem and even on Gem or newer ships, there is no room service order option in the TV. So on Pearl you won't see even your account balance on the TV, sorry.

If that is something one is used to, then it's gonna suck for some but for us it's no big deal and Pearl is my favourite from all NCL ships. :)

Edited by Demonyte

That's a good idea about ordering it ahead of time and have it waiting for you in your room. I'm gonna have to remember that! Thanks.

I don't mind not having an interactive tv. We thought it was neat on our last cruise and was just wondering if it would be on this one, too. No biggie! Gonna have a great time no matter what!

Thank you, again!

You can also ask your butler to put the MDR menu in your room every morning - that's what we do. In a suite of course, you can order off the MDR menu as well as the room service menu.

I would of course call the butler rather than the room service line. They will just end up calling him anyway.

This is really helpful info...I was wondering the same thing about who to call (I knew from prior cruises that there was no interactive TV), cause we've never actually ordered room service to our suite before...

Any idea roughly have far in advance we should call to place an order...? Does it take half an hour? An hour...? Are port days slower or faster...? And does it vary by time of day...?

Thanks for the info...! :)

Take advantage of having a butler, just remember to tip accordingly. We ordered in breakfast from Cagney's every port morning and our butler Jason, was always prompt and set up beautifully. We only ordered in dinner once since we dined with friends most nights, but when we did order in we went to the early show at the theatre and dinner was set out and waiting when we got back, still hot. The butlers are there to make sure you have no worries. Don't be afraid to ask.

There is also a portable DECT type phone in the suite that you can take with you when you go out. It will work all round the ship and on the quayside so you can ring the butler and tell him you are on the way so that he can get your order sorted for when you get to the suite.

If you know you'll want room service breakfast for the following morning, great for port mornings when you will want to debark ASAP, our butler told us to simply complete the room service door card and hang out the night before. Just hand write in anything you want from Cagneys or elsewhere, like omlets, French toast, etc. The butler will have it to you at the time requested.

For dinner in our cabin, we simply told the butler the morning of by phone or in person. We had her bring us menus from the specialties at the start of the cruise.

This is really helpful info...I was wondering the same thing about who to call (I knew from prior cruises that there was no interactive TV), cause we've never actually ordered room service to our suite before...

Any idea roughly have far in advance we should call to place an order...? Does it take half an hour? An hour...? Are port days slower or faster...? And does it vary by time of day...?

Thanks for the info...! :)

A half hour to hour advance notice should be fine, but keep in mind that if you want course-by-course service, I would request at least a day in advance. The butler can be very busy some evenings, and someone phoning an hour or two ahead should not expect him to drop everything to serve you course by course. With plenty of advance notice, he can plan ahead. We never ask for course-by-course service,as we are fine serving ourselves. We don't like monopolizing the butler for more than a few minutes.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

TAny idea roughly have far in advance we should call to place an order...? Does it take half an hour? An hour...? Are port days slower or faster...? And does it vary by time of day...?

If you're ordering anything from the normal dining rooms/speciality restaurants, the butler puts your order in just like if you went there yourself, so basically enough time for your butler to put the order in, for them to cook it, and then your butler to go get it and bring it to you. Might be a delay if the kitchen is busy or the butler.

Also, after a certain time, if you call your butler, it gets forwarded to the normal room service line. The two times I've called and had this happen I seem to find I have to explain to them that I'm in a suite otherwise, they try to limit you to the normal room service offerings. :(