Serenade OTS Picture Review. Western Caribbean 2/1-2/8/2014

Darkwolfe

This was an absolutely insightful, AWESOME review! My family and I are on the serenade in november... I may have many more questions, but for now can you tell me when formal and theme e nights are and what the theme nights are? I am the only one that's ever cruised of the 8 of us going and it's been 13 years..... any tips of things to make sure to bring? Have you attended chefs table? Anything else would be great for us to know?

Thank you! I try to keep them entertaining and useful. :)

Formal nights that trip were done on the second night and the fifth night. That meant the first sea day and after leaving Cozumel in this case.

Not certain what you mean by theme nights although they did have a white party (wear white clothes only) up on the pool deck late after dinner one evening.

Haven't been to the chef's table dinner as that one is bit pricier than I like.

If it's been 13 years, you will see some changes. There are some obvious cost cutting spots such as no chocolate on your pillow each night. Still a very good experience.

Go relaxed and don't get in a major rush about anything and you will have a fine time. You get to travel down the Mississippi for about 8 hours after departure so that's a bit interesting even at night. Hang out on the helipad during sail away too.

I'm so excited to get so much information in one review, since we are doing the same itinerary I have some additional questions if you don't mind...

1. We are staying at Hampton Inn and suites on convention center blvd... how far and where do we get street system pass? Also, do they have a group rate if 6-8 people (family)? Where all in the city does the street car take you?

2.where is the ice cream location and is it complimentary?

3. How much is chops & Giovanni's for dinner? Can you ask for seconds on entree if you want from either of these restsurants? I have seen on CC tht Giovanni's is 25% off first nigbt, is this so?

4. You said you got text on your phone about delays... how did you go about being able to receive those messages?

That's all I can think of for now but sure I'll have more questions if you don't mind...

I am sooooo thankful for this review!

• 3 months later...
I will be staying in the Prytania Park as well. Did you call your own cab to the pier or did they front desk do it for you? How long did it take them to get there and how long is the ride to the pier..

Thanks

They called as soon as we asked. Maybe ten minutes until they arrived. Ride to the pier is not even ten minutes. Super Easy.

I'm so excited to get so much information in one review, since we are doing the same itinerary I have some additional questions if you don't mind...

1. We are staying at Hampton Inn and suites on convention center blvd... how far and where do we get street system pass? Also, do they have a group rate if 6-8 people (family)? Where all in the city does the street car take you?

2.where is the ice cream location and is it complimentary?

3. How much is chops & Giovanni's for dinner? Can you ask for seconds on entree if you want from either of these restsurants? I have seen on CC tht Giovanni's is 25% off first nigbt, is this so?

4. You said you got text on your phone about delays... how did you go about being able to receive those messages?

That's all I can think of for now but sure I'll have more questions if you don't mind...

I am sooooo thankful for this review!

Oops I see this one hit while my notifications were not working. My apologies for the miss. Hope you had a good trip.