Jewel of the Seas Random Thoughts and Photos 1/18/14

Cruzin-K

Thanks for the awesome review. We're going on this same cruise on the 29th. We are taking a redeye into PR the night before so won't have much time to spend there.....hopefully there won't be any flight delays... We have a wedding on Antigua but have no other set plans. A little expensive to do excursions with 4 but I'm sure we'll squeeze something in.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Jewel on the 29th of March. I enjoyed your review of the ports and the pictures were really great! Do you use a professional camera because the pictures were so vivid and clear! I have a question about what to do in several ports and hope you can give me some insight. In St. Croix, have you ever rented bikes from Freedom City and taken the 12 mile tour? We are doing a snorkel trip the day before from St. Thomas to St. John, and don't want to do that back to back, so am trying to find an alternative on St. Croix. On St. Lucia, if we want to see the Pitons, and the volcano, what excursion company would you suggest?:)

We will be on the Jewel on the 29th of March. I enjoyed your review of the ports and the pictures were really great! Do you use a professional camera because the pictures were so vivid and clear! I have a question about what to do in several ports and hope you can give me some insight. In St. Croix, have you ever rented bikes from Freedom City and taken the 12 mile tour? We are doing a snorkel trip the day before from St. Thomas to St. John, and don't want to do that back to back, so am trying to find an alternative on St. Croix. On St. Lucia, if we want to see the Pitons, and the volcano, what excursion company would you suggest?:)

Thank you :) My camera is a Canon 70D. I did have to tweak most of my photos a bit to bring out the best color, but I've spent a lot of time reading & studying to try to be a better photographer. I have a LONG way to go.

I do believe that a good photographer can take great shots with a smartphone and a $10,000 camera will do no good to someone who has no eye for composure, lighting, etc. It's not all about the camera, but who is behind it ;)

This was my first time to St. Croix, so I don't have any suggestions for anything other than the one tour that I did which was OK for a first visit to the island. Next time I go there, I'm going to snorkel @ Buck Island.

I've only ever done ship's tours to see the Pitons, but I have heard that Cosol does a great tour there. You might want to check them out.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on jewel for thanksgiving this year. I had few questions. We are booked in 9076 which is right beside your cabin toward the front. Did you notice if 9076 had lounge chairs also. I know it is a bit smaller than 9078 so just wondered if you had peaked around and noted the type of furniture it had. Would you stay here again based on noise from centrum? We typically turn in early around 10:30 pm. Also I noticed you where on allure of seas too. How did room size compare? Thanks

We are booked on jewel for thanksgiving this year. I had few questions. We are booked in 9076 which is right beside your cabin toward the front. Did you notice if 9076 had lounge chairs also. I know it is a bit smaller than 9078 so just wondered if you had peaked around and noted the type of furniture it had. Would you stay here again based on noise from centrum? We typically turn in early around 10:30 pm. Also I noticed you where on allure of seas too. How did room size compare? Thanks

No, I didn't peek round the divider, but a quick search on CC found this

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27875964&postcount=9

looks like it has one lounge chair, and two regular chairs

I would stay in the room again in a heartbeat, but I'm up 'til midnight, at least, almost every night. I sleep with earplugs on cruises anyway, but in this cabin if I was trying to sleep at 10:30 - they'd be absolutely necessary and maybe not 100% effective.

The size of the room was pretty much the same as the Allure from what I remember, but the storage situation was much better on the Jewel. I think the people who designed the staterooms on the Allure were nuts :rolleyes: