Boatyard/Carlisle q's

highflyingrealtor

Barbados next month for 1 day. 1/2 the group taking taxi to the Boatyard, returning whenever. Other half wants safe secure scheduled ship excursion to Carlisle beach. Same beach right? Any reason not to take the taxi to Boatyard? That seems like the way to go. Comments? Also, any reef snorkeling off the Boatyard beach? (without going all the way out to see the turtles).

Hi, no problem with taxi to the Boatyard, the shuttle bus was charging $5pp when we were there in December. As for safety, we usually walk there and back, it takes about 20-25 minutes. I don't believe there is a reef off the Boatyard beach. We were on beach next to the Boatyard called lobster alive, a couple of guy's were walking up and down the beach asking if people wanted to go on their boat to swim with the Turtles, they wanted $25pp. I would say this was subject to negotiation.

Terry

Hi, no problem with taxi to the Boatyard, the shuttle bus was charging $5pp when we were there in December. As for safety, we usually walk there and back, it takes about 20-25 minutes. I don't believe there is a reef off the Boatyard beach. We were on beach next to the Boatyard called lobster alive, a couple of guy's were walking up and down the beach asking if people wanted to go on their boat to swim with the Turtles, they wanted $25pp. I would say this was subject to negotiation.

Terry

Thanks Terry. Did the lobster beach have chairs to rent and/or an entrance fee like the boatyard?

Thanks Terry. Did the lobster beach have chairs to rent and/or an entrance fee like the boatyard?

Hi, no entrance fee, they charge $5 for each sun bed and umbrella. So for two beds and an umbrella it's $15. They then give you three tickets, one per item hired, to spend over the bar which gives you three half priced drinks or one free drink and one for half price. Lobster alive is right next door to the boatyard and share the same stretch of beach. We have been there a few times now and have never had any problems. We always walk back to the cruise port, just keep the sea to your left hand side. It only takes about 20 minutes and it is a pleasant stroll.

Terry

Lobster-409.jpg

This is Carlisle Bay

Hi, no entrance fee, they charge $5 for each sun bed and umbrella. So for two beds and an umbrella it's $15. They then give you three tickets, one per item hired, to spend over the bar which gives you three half priced drinks or one free drink and one for half price. Lobster alive is right next door to the boatyard and share the same stretch of beach. We have been there a few times now and have never had any problems. We always walk back to the cruise port, just keep the sea to your left hand side. It only takes about 20 minutes and it is a pleasant stroll.

Terry

Pics of Lobster Alive's setup, fyi...

And yes Boatyard and Lobster are on the same stretch of beach

- called Carlisle Bay. ;)

Lobster-405.jpg

Lobster-422.jpg

we have been to boatyard and took a taxi. No issue, except he kept trying to convince us to go to another beach. But we knew we wanted to go there. The food and bar are good and I assume that you could walk up and use the bar if you were at another spot on the beach, even though they charge when you enter from front.

At lobster, how is the food and beverage and when you walk, did you walk the beach the whole way or are you on the street?

Boatyard is much more of a party atmosphere there Lobster Alive. Plus The Boatyard has the high dive, Tarzan swing, Water rock climb and water trampoline. But they are right next door to one another. Ship excursions are for suckers, especially in Barbados.

Edited by cbell21219

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I were here two weeks ago.

Cab ride is Five dollars. To get in is $15.00. This will get you one free drink.

Warning..... If you don't get there early you will not get a chair and umbrella.

How many ships in port that day? Thank You

• 4 weeks later...

Lobster-409.jpg

This is Carlisle Bay

Pics of Lobster Alive's setup, fyi...

And yes Boatyard and Lobster are on the same stretch of beach

- called Carlisle Bay. ;)

Lobster-405.jpg

Lobster-422.jpg

Are lobster alive and boatyard on Carlisle Bay? We will have 11 and 14 year olds with us. Which would be the best? Lobster alive looks relaxing, but I know the kids would love the water toys at boatyard.

Edited by cmhighto