Ama vs Viking Vs Avalon Danube Prague to Budapest

AlkiRagdoll

I have never taken a river cruise in Europe, but have taken many cruises, including Yantze River in China. I'm a solo traveler looking for recommendations. I am particularly interested in experience on the Christmas cruises. Any and all appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have sailed with AMA and Viking. Did a Christmas market with AMA in 2008--Budapest-Prague. Have another booked this Dec. with AMA for Amsterdam-Basel and post cruise in Lucerne. Our trips with Viking did not include a Christmas market cruise. We love the attention to detail with AMA and hoe they handles the extremely low water in 2008. We never missed a port, remained on the boat the entire cruise--no bussing. There are lines out there that wave the single supplement, something to think about. It is truly a magical time in Germany--this will be our third Christmas market cruise. Pat

We did the Budapest to Neuremberg Danube cruise with Viking two summers ago. there was an option to go to Prague either pre or post cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip. We went in May and had no water problems and the weather was wonderful. We were on a new longship and it was lovely. Karl was our chef and he was superb. The entire staff was very good. No complaints out of us.....and we were with 3 other couples who were also well-pleased. It seems like people get attached to one line and then continue to cruise with them. If you can find a line that waves the single supplement, that would weigh heavily into my decision because I really don't think there is that much difference in the major lines. If you go expecting to have a good time, you probably will!