Transfer from Civitavechia to Rome airport

paulista1950

Does anybody know if Cunard offers transfers from Civitavechia to Rome airport?

If it has, how much does it cost? If not, what are the options available?

We always use RomeCabs. Stefano, the owner, runs a tight ship. Always on time, always nice vehicles. By the time you pay for two Cunard transfers, you might be close to having your own car and driver "door to door". Go online to their website and they will give you a quote. Highly recommend them.:D

I've been on a Cunard transfer from Civitavecchia. It was all part of the deal - cruise and flights combined. I'm sure they exist.

I've also done it by myself with another cruise line. You are put on a shuttle bus to take you to the entrance of the port. It's about a 10-minute walk from there to the train station. (I only had ONE suitcase on wheels. With two cases you could still do it. Just walk slowly and have a few stops.) The train took me into Rome. I'd checked on the internet and found that I did not have to go to Termini, their main station, which is good as it's another longish walk from one platform to another. I stopped at one of the suburban stations and transferred to the airport train. It was very easy. The train took me right to the airport.

I think there were also people on the street selling transfers to Rome and possibly to the airport.

As all posts were removed from yesterday, I thought I'd better post this again, which is something I travelled with when getting off the ship in Civ.

Civitavecchia Station To/From Cruise Terminal

Its about 750m between Civitavecchia train station and the dock gates for the cruise port. For those without luggage its a pleasant 10-15 minute walk along the promenade. For those with luggage it is doable but taxi's are freely available.

In the port to train station direction, once you pass through the main entrance to the port, where the bus drops you off, you just keep to the right hand side of the road that runs parallel with the sea. Just keep going, you'll see a couple of reassuring signs indicating the way to the train station (stazione ff.s).

Walk onto seaside avenue of Civ – 15-20 mins to train station (slight hill at station)

When you are opposite the Hotel de La Ville on the other side of the road its time to cross the road and follow the same coastal road on the other side. Very shortly the station approach road slants slightly uphill up to the train station entrance

FR5 - Civitavecchia to Roma Trastervere (not all way to Roma Termini) - 4.60-€6.90

Both Civitavecchia and Rome Stations have manned ticket offices that take credit cards and there are also ticket machines. Must validate ticket by inserting into a stamp machine.

The core service is broadly a twice hourly service on commuter style trains taking around 70 to 80 minutes to travel the full route. Interim stops for those traveling to and from Fiumicino Airport. For many people it can make sense to get off at other stations than the Rome terminus at Termini, especially if you are on a day trip or going to Fiumicino, Rome's main airport.

Travelling from Civitavecchia a typical train will stop at S Pietro (40 mins), Trastevere (50 mins), Ostiense (55 mins) and finally Termini (70 mins). S Pietro is around 15 minutes walk to the Vatican and St Peter's Square. Trastevere is the interchange for a frequent airport train to Fiumicino Airport. Ostiense is an interchange with the Rome Metro which can take you direct to the Colosseum or Spanish Steps.

FR1 Trastervere to Fiumicino (30 mins) (7 stops) - 8

Every 15 mins

10-15 min walk from station to airport entrance (terminal 3 for BA)

If miss stop & get off at Termini use Leonardo Express to FCO (31 mins) - 14

Every 30 mins - 22 mins (arrive 53) and 52 mins (arrives 23) past the hour

Trains are not normally crowded at all except at the height of the commuter period into Rome in the morning and out in the evening.

We always take the train in Italy. It's easy if you are mobile, even with luggage--just don't take too much. We travel with one carry-on each and one larger bag and have never had a problem.

Last year we flew into Milan, spent a day, took the train down to Florence where we spent a couple of day, and then went on to Livorno and down the coast to Civitavecchia where we spent the night. We are planning another trip next November and aren't sure which city we will fly into.