Beware Conquest Guests

MarineMom923

I would have demanded in a firm manner to get the Hotel Manager down with the head Security Officer and make a formal complaint. I would show the evidence and ensure that this waiter will no longer be working for the company if he steals from customers.

I would also copy the document to Headquarters as well. I would ask for compensation for this.

It's the ethics behind this .It would not be fair if a customer is found guilty of stealing from the bar and is put off the ship but their staff can be let off the hook.

Even if there was a machine error still its your money.

Please continue to follow up and keep us posted.

I'm going to echo what many have said. Check you account frequently. I had some gift shop charges show up on one cruise. I was a little surprised the staff didn't seem very concerned. They kept asking me if I just forgot making the purchases. They said they would pull the charge slips and check them. I didn't hear from them again, but the charges were removed (so they must have straightened it out).

One thing I haven't seen (my apologies if this was brought up), is to put a line or an X through the extra tip line. That way nobody can add a tip to the line after you sign the slip. If you do add a tip, you can spell the amount beside the number like 1.00 (one) or 2.00 (two). That way the 1.00 or 2.00 can't become a 11.00 or 12.00 by adding a 1 in front of the tip amount.

I understand your frustration, however you do realize some of the crew does move to different ships? The same people you dealt with on the Conquest could be on your future cruise.

Very true - not to mention that Conquest made her major move - was based out of Texas for years and now in Miami

JMO - I think that the best solution is to check your account daily, the kiosks make that pretty easy

While vast majority of the staff are honest and hardworking, I don't doubt that there could be a few "users" on board - sounds to me like this particular bartended was helping himseld. I do think the front desk person should have shown more concern and removed the drink tips from that particular bartended. I would have asked to speak to the bar manager right on the spot. Getting anything fixed after you get off the ship is a pain

The very least I'm asking for from Carnival is acknowledgement that they have or are investigating the incident. .....................

MarineMom923,

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

In a later post you stated;

'request to speak to the bar manager and were told he was not available. We were assured he would look into that night.'

That is acknowledgement that they are investigating the incident. The bar manager is the bar tender's immediate supervisor and it would be up to him or her to investigate. The chain of command on ships is quite clear and no part of that chain involves reporting back to guest services about personel matters.

Guest services took your complaint and proceeded accordingly. As others have pointed out, they cannot reverse other charges that were deemed appropriate as punishment.

You stated you were looking for the 'very least,' and you have received that according to your own summary of events. Future Conquest cruisers are now aware and will know to check their balances, but there's really nothing owed to you by Carnival Corporation.

There's no reason to " beware of Conquest ", it's one server on a ship of hundreds of employees. He was a bad server yes, but he may or may not already be on another ship, if he's not he certainly will be eventually. I was on the Conquest and had a great time with no issues. IMO a better heading would be, " keep an eye on your S&S bill ", which people should already be doing.