Brillance Of The Sea

This is going to be our first trip on RCCL and we are so excited about the prospect of trying a new cruise line. I am looking for any tips and advice about this particular ship. Any information is welcome if you have sailed this ship. Best places to eat, all about the MDR, just all around information. Thank you all so much. Looking forward to all the replies!

Brilliance of the Seas has taken the top spot for most favorite ship sailed so far within the Royal Caribbean Fleet. Was on it in December and had an outstanding time. Here is my review of the cruise. I also included the menu's and cruise compasses for each day of the cruise. However, these can change depending on itinerary and such.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959063

And this is another review by DarthGrady.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1958948

Both have tons of pictures and will hopefully answer any question you might have now or might not even think about until you read the reviews. Enjoy.

Edited by G85 SS

We just sailed Brilliance last week and had a wonderful time. So much so, that we booked the same cruise for next year!

I will be posting a review this weekend that will offer more details and pictures, but the aerial shows should not be missed; Izumi was delightful both service and food; and the roast beef sandwiches at the the Park Cafe in the solarium--YUM.

She's really a beautiful ship!

I just booked the Brilliance 4 day western cruise yesterday for March 6th sailing, unbelievable rates!

I've been on every class ship, but Radiance class so I have no idea what to expect.

I'll be doing plenty of research in the next three weeks. I'm thinking about doing a live review since I'm going solo...

HI I am new to meet and mingle. I tried to register under the meet and mingle link and it said not available on 5 day cruises, yet, I followed the link for the Brilliance of seas review on another post . they went 5 day in Dec 2013 and said they did do a meet and mingle? I am confused could someone clarify this.... am I doing something wrong in registration?

HI I am new to meet and mingle. I tried to register under the meet and mingle link and it said not available on 5 day cruises, yet, I followed the link for the Brilliance of seas review on another post . they went 5 day in Dec 2013 and said they did do a meet and mingle? I am confused could someone clarify this.... am I doing something wrong in registration?
Offical M&M hosted by RCI are only arranged for sailings of 7 or more nights. Perhaps the others arranged their own informal meet and mingle as some on our upcoming 5 night sailing are doing.

This is going to be our first trip on RCCL and we are so excited about the prospect of trying a new cruise line. I am looking for any tips and advice about this particular ship. Any information is welcome if you have sailed this ship. Best places to eat' date=' all about the MDR, just all around information. Thank you all so much. Looking forward to all the replies![/quote']

Get involved with the activities and make sure you see all the entertainment shows. The aerial shows in the 70's night try not to miss. You have a good Cruise Director on the ship.

We spent a large number of days on Brilliance last year with a Baltic cruise, followed by a westbound transatlantic and, six weeks later, a 13 night repositioning cruise from Boston to Tampa. Brilliance had been revitalized a month or two earlier and it was wonderful. A Park Cafe, Izumi, Rita's Cantina, and Giovanni's Table were added to the dining options. We had such an excellent team of servers in My Time Dining on our Baltic cruise that we requested them on both the transatlantic and repositioning cruises and our request was granted. They have added a fabulous aerial show that you should enjoy. Brilliance is a Radiance class ship which has an enclosed, climate-controlled Solarium, which will allow you to use the pool without regard for the weather, and self-leveling pool tables which are both fascinating to play on or watch others play on. Glass elevators facing the outside of the ship will take you all the way to Deck 13 and the Viking Crown Lounge.

We found the crew to be extremely friendly and personable and I think you should have a wonderful time onboard.