Why is July 2015 waitlist already?

rols

Voyage 1520 London to London is already on waitlist. As of yesterday the entire ship was on waitlist, today there is one category still open for an eyewateringly-close-to-brochure fare.

Is this itinerary so amazingly popular and rare that it books up immediately 18 months ahead at full-price, unlike just about any other cruise, or is there something strange about that particular cruise which causes it to be already booked solid? I'd have thought if it were such a popular itinerary that it sells out instantly, they'd run it more than once a year? I don't think I've seen a cruise this sold out so far into the future.

That cruise does sell out very quickly. It is only done once a year - mainly for weather reasons. However, in 2013, a good proportion of the guests had booked on a 'Daily Telegraph' special cruise deal. I would not be surprised to find that this was the case in 2015 as well. In which case, some may come back into the system when the 'special offer' is over.

Most of those cruisers were first time Silversea guests and more used to mass market lines - quite a few did not take to the understated level of entertainment.

On the other hand it is a great itinerary.

They were offering all the suites and they sold very quickly. We went on the waitlist with our agent two weeks after the Daily T promo and had the offer of a midship verandah within 24 hours. We booked in October 2013 (for July 2015). Worth waiting for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Voyage 1520 London to London is already on waitlist. As of yesterday the entire ship was on waitlist, today there is one category still open for an eyewateringly-close-to-brochure fare.

Is this itinerary so amazingly popular and rare that it books up immediately 18 months ahead at full-price, unlike just about any other cruise, or is there something strange about that particular cruise which causes it to be already booked solid? I'd have thought if it were such a popular itinerary that it sells out instantly, they'd run it more than once a year? I don't think I've seen a cruise this sold out so far into the future.

We had a booking on the 2015 London/London until it came to our notice that the ship had been chartered 50% capacity to the DAILY MAIL newspaper so we cancelled in view of prevous poor experiences of large charter groups.I understand a change of itinerary for the Cloud has been announced ,identical back to back London/London cruises in July/August 2015.

Good Morning Brimary - hope you are both well. It may interest you to know that the second Cloud Round Trip from London is also being marketed by 'Readers Holidays ' !!!!! - we too considered both dates but like you have now steered away.

You know my attitude to Groups is akin to yours and our resultant move to Cloud from Wind in Sept - its happened again for May 2015 on Wind - cancellation of the 2nd Segment of a Back to Back. It now seems more of a gamble to Book way ahead and the predominance of ' Readers ' is another growing Issue .

I don't know the answer but will remain calm !!! - hope to catch up with you again before too long.

Duct Tape....It seems groups of 100 plus are more important than our modest influence.It appears from mutual friend Mayflower that the both back to backs out of Tower Bridge are affected.Hope all four of you keeping well ..look forward to meeting up soon.We next board the Cloud ,would you believe at Tower Bridge ,early August cant wait!