Aft or adjoining?

Lady_Jag

I'm surprising my mom with an Alaska cruise next year, which means I'll need to get a second room. I was looking at the aft balconies on the Miracle, but my PVP says the balcony dividers don't open up on aft balconies. So should I save some $ and get 2 regular/extended balconies on the port side so we can open the divider, or stick with my original plan?

Opinions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I think an aft balcony would be wonderful for an Alaskan cruise. We are planning one for summer of 2015 and probably going with Princess. We are waiting for their itineraries to be released. I have already told my husband I want an aft corner:D (our 25th wedding anniversary). I would go with the aft extended and get her an inside that is close. There should be plenty of room on your balcony for her to spend time there and I am sure she will love such a wonderful surprise.:)

Personally I think an aft balcony would be wonderful for an Alaskan cruise. We are planning one for summer of 2015 and probably going with Princess. We are waiting for their itineraries to be released. I have already told my husband I want an aft corner:D (our 25th wedding anniversary). I would go with the aft extended and get her an inside that is close. There should be plenty of room on your balcony for her to spend time there and I am sure she will love such a wonderful surprise.:)

What a great anniversary gift!

My mom is the "I don't wan't to impose, did I hurt your hand when you punched me in the face, so sorry, next time tell me and I'll punch myself so you don't get hurt" kind. So if I don't get her a balcony, she will not spend time on a balcony. She will either stay in her cabin and read, do an indoor activity, or maybe *consider* going out on deck, but unless we're all on deck, she won't venture outside.

What a great anniversary gift!

My mom is the "I don't wan't to impose, did I hurt your hand when you punched me in the face, so sorry, next time tell me and I'll punch myself so you don't get hurt" kind. So if I don't get her a balcony, she will not spend time on a balcony. She will either stay in her cabin and read, do an indoor activity, or maybe *consider* going out on deck, but unless we're all on deck, she won't venture outside.

In that case if I could afford it I would get 2 aft balconies. They usually have those slanted sides so you could stand side by side and chat just as if you had adjoining balconies. If you can't afford those then I would get two along the side that will be facing all the scenery. If you haven't found this site yet you can see which balconies can not have the partitions opened. https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/miracle/miracle.ashx

Mysticks...thank you for that info. I just found out the 2 afts I have booked on the Valor wont connect our balconys! SHOOT. But good to know others do. There is a ton of good info there. Just what I needed...another site to get buried in. I need to have mu head examined. Lol

We did Alaska on the Miracle. We had connecting balconys...not aft. I love the connection. Going cabin to cabin via balcony is easier then having to knock on doors. Also was glad for the covering in the event of rain in Alaska. Either way, its a great trip. Enjoy!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Forums mobile app