Heard the Fascination hit some ROUGH seas last night

jmak315

Oh I can believe that! I live just north of NYC and we had warnings for the coastal areas for flooding...waves were supposed to be huge. Very rough seas around here last night.

Hopefully things even out for them..

For the above reasons I would never leave out of NYC in February on a cruise,. the North Atlantic is too unpredictable this time of year and I would imagine that is why the cruise rates are low. Hopefully all is well and everyone stays safe.

Gary

I have a friend that has cruised a LOT..is a TA and while we are not in touch as much now..i would guess at least 150 cruises all after 50 too..

She was on an older NCL ship that is no more I think...on a balcony up on a high floor and her carpets were wet wet wet from the waves smashing on them...I am pretty sure it was an east coast cruise though it could have been one of few here that cross the bar at the Columbia River and Pacific...

I had the honor to sit at times in hospice with an artist friend passing from brain cancer..her dad was a fisherman there and her confidence in her next journey was stengthened by memories that she and her dad.."always made it." My friend has only had 2 cruises quite that rough and she has been all over..long cruises..sometimes 10 and up a year..

I pray this is one and only one time it will ever be this bad for your mom and you can "get back on the saddle" to use a euphimism...get back on a ship and a calmer time soon..I like the rock and roll sometimes but i know a big list and some of the worst dining room situations you see like your mom are rough..a new level...so glad the crew could give reality checks, security and help..Sarah

Thanks for sharing..hugs to your mom.

Edited by sjn911