Allure CLS Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

We had originally booked an hour long helicopter ride through Royal, but they cancelled it. That would have been really beautiful. If we ever come back to Jamaica, we would likely just stay on the ship or go to a beach resort for the day. Some of our cc board went there and it looked like fun.

We got back around 2:50, tipped our driver, and walked around the port area and got our souvenirs. Phil picked up some jerk sauce.

cruise20132397_zps42853858.jpg

cruise20132399_zps068fc0ff.jpg

cruise20132400_zpsed937229.jpg

When we got back on the ship, we went to Johnny Rockets again. Delicious! I had the same exact thing. We got to see the waiters sing and dance this time. Our server was rather slow. Probably the only “bad” service we had the entire trip. The food was excellent, though. The server did laugh when he asked us if we had ever been to Johnny Rockets before and I said, “Yes! Don’t you see the emerald pin in his hat????” Phil had put the pin we got this trip in his Royal Crown and Anchor hat as a joke to M&F and was still wearing it.

cruise20132405_zps80c7f141.jpg

Sailaway was at 7 pm, but since it was going to be dark by that time, I had made our reservations for Chops this night at 6:30 pm. Our server was excellent but not a lot of personality per se. Food was awesome! Frank and I had the porterhouse. Maria had the petite filet. I don’t remember what Phil had – even though I am looking at the picture, we think it was the pork shank. I had a drink - it think it was a Hurricaine, but not sure - but it was not very good. With the drink package, I could just order another, but the “poor” person in me couldn’t waste it, so I drank it. And the more I drank, the better it tasted. :) Maria ordered a glass of Reisling and then decided she would like to get a bottle. The wine Frank had gotten for her in FL was the wrong kind and did not taste very good. The waiter said no problem, he would take care of it. He got her a bottle of Reisling, opened it, poured out a glass, and said does this look right?. Maria said yes, and he put the bottle on ice and took the glass. Of course, this was fair – it just seemed a bit chintzy. Dessert was crème brulee for me and Frank, red velvet cake for Maria, and Mud Pie for Phil.

cruise20133975_zps3be23e6d.jpg

Phil wanted me to take a picture of his drink too...

cruise20133976_zpsc5e3b22b.jpg

Chops was great as usual. The only thing that seemed off about this Chops compared to the others was the ambience. It was so busy and servers were running here and there that it did not have the relaxing atmosphere we were used to having. Our table was not far from the kitchen, so that might have had something to do with it. I was a bit surprised to see a group where the men were wearing jeans and t-shirts. I am not one to care what other people wear (except if I am the one out of place, of course!) but it just seemed to take some of the atmosphere away. They were loud and boisterous, which is fine – I’m from Jersey – but it just seemed more like Denny’s than Chops. Anyway, it did not detract from enjoyment, it was just noticeable.

We had reservations for the comedy club tonight at 9:30 – no suite seating at this venue. We wanted to get there early so we could sit in the back far away from the stage. We got changed from our dress clothes to something more casual and stopped at the chapel, which was down the hall from us. Maria’s cousin had been on the cruise 2 weeks before us and had hidden a note in the cushion for them to find. It was still there! I don’t remember what it said, but we were laughing.

cruise20132468_zps6929905b.jpg

cruise20132469_zps3748e16a.jpg

cruise20132470_zps49016e84.jpg

We were also laughing because Maria and I inadvertently both wore the same shoes. Such dorks! They were nice cruise shoes. Maria had bought me a pair as well as herself. We just didn’t think to make sure we both didn’t wear them at the same time. I got a picture to memorialize the moment.

cruise20132471_zps014756f2.jpg

cruise20132477_zps0881f2a0.jpg

Wow, I'm REALLY enjoying your review of the Allure. We were on her last July on the Eastern route. Its so fun to relive it.

I do have one question, what type/brand of camera are you using for your photos? They are just awesome. (I hope I didn't miss this in the review?)

:p

The comedy show was HYSTERICAL!!! Another must do! We got there early and picked our seats in the very back far right in order to make sure that we would not become part of the show in any way! As the place is filling up, don’t you know I hear the guy sitting a couple seats down from us say to his companion, “Why are all of these people looking in our dressing room??!!” LOL, we were sitting next to the 2 comedians, Cary Long and Rich Ceister. I know the comedians change so I don’t know if every time it is this funny, but I laughed so much. When Cary said something about women packing for the cruise and they have a “packing room”, I wanted to cry I was laughing so hard. Phil had actually set up a table in our spare bedroom to pack his clothes. :D In Rich’s bit, there was a lady in the audience who did not crack a smile the entire time. He made so many jokes about it and she still did not smile. But we laughed our *sses off! He gave her a cd in apology. After the show, Rich was outside selling cds and autographing them. No one seemed to be buying it, so we both did and had it autographed. I haven’t listened to it yet, but only wanted to pay back! He was funny! I saw him a couple times around the ship and will probably become fodder for one of his bits, waving and saying hi like a cruise idiot.

cruise20132486_zpsa7a5159c.jpg

cruise20132489_zpse31b436f.jpg

Wow, I'm REALLY enjoying your review of the Allure. We were on her last July on the Eastern route. Its so fun to relive it.

I do have one question, what type/brand of camera are you using for your photos? They are just awesome. (I hope I didn't miss this in the review?)

:p

Thanks so much! It is fun to relive it for me too! :)

The camera is mostly my Sony NEX5N, using 18-55 lens and 55-210 lens. A few are with our Sony point and shoot. They don't make the NEX5N anymore. After I got it, they started with the R line - where you can upload pictures directly online!!

Sailaway!!!!!!

We went to M&F’s cabin to see the other ships’ sailaways first. They had a great view of the harbor and our neighboring ships, 2 Holland America ships (Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam) and the Royal Princess. We towered above our neighbors. Phil and Frank went to the Viking Crown Lounge to get us another drink for sailaway. LOL, Frank brought his American Express gold card instead of his seapass gold card. That doesn’t work anymore buddy!! So, Phil said he would buy Frank’s drink. The bartender said, “Oh, you can’t get 2 drinks on one card with the drink package.” Phil said, “I can’t pay for one?” “Oh, yes.” :D We didn’t let Frank live it down the rest of the cruise.

The conga line of ships departing begins!

cruise2013522_zps3b8799ca.jpg

cruise2013531_zps5a025464.jpg

cruise2013532_zps3fb5015f.jpg

Anybody know what cruise line and ship that is with the round window? The smallest of the bunch.

Anybody know what cruise line and ship that is with the round window? The smallest of the bunch.

That is the Seabourn Sojourn.

PhilNDebbieAtSea - It is a shame your helicopter flight was cancelled. I had the same issue when I was there in May last year and they didn't tell me until I was off the ship and had known since the day before. Luckily they got me on a later flight but it was the short one, not the long one I had booked. It is definitely worth it, you must go back and do it!

Jo :)

Thank you so much for an excellent review. I love your positive attitude. Your review is comprehensive and balanced. We will be on Lady O in a couple of weeks March 1 western. Your review makes me very happy. We are in the aquatheater suite and adjacent balcony. Trying to decide if we should get the iphones. Would you rent them again? Sounds like it was difficult to find someone to get them for you the first day. Is it best for us just to go straight away and ask the concierge?