Allure CLS Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

I just want to thank you again for your review! We board the Oasis today and have a CLS- your pics really got us excited for today!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You are so welcome!!! Have a great cruise and a wonderful time in your CLS!! You will love it and not want to leave! Please let us know how it was! Bon Voyage!!

Hotel – Hilton Marina

I read such negative reviews on line (trip advisor, expedia, etc.) about this hotel – it was awful, it was dirty, it had bad service. I did not know what to do. I ended up asking the Ft. Lauderdale expert on the boards and she said was nice. People on our cruise board who had stayed there before said it was nice. I could not see how it could be so bad, right there on the marina, and it seemed perfect for our purposes. Since we don’t go to the beach, it seemed senseless to get a hotel on the beach – and I would want the ocean view if we did that. Anyway, I was very nervous, but took the chance. We booked rooms in the tower with a waterview and asked for a high floor. We got on the top 14th floor and it was perfect. The room was very nice and the views were awesome! Phil and I got a gorgeous corner room and the balcony went all the way around the side. The bell boy said it was the best room in the hotel in his opinion because of the view. I have to agree. As an aside, boy, was he nice! His name was Richard and he was so nice and personable. He even was nice to us when we came across him later in the weekend in the elevator. Bad service, my *ss!

I will say that I was not a fan of the bathroom. The doors were these hanging sliding things and you never felt like you had privacy. I did get more used to them by the end of the weekend, but, in my opinion, they should be replaced. Here is a picture of them:

cruise2013436_zps1810e2f7.jpg

There was a waterfall shower. The hotel was showing some wear and I could see where some people might be put off, but the views surely made up for any deficiencies. I would definitely stay there again. We had a view of the marina, the waterways, and the bridge and could even see the ocean in the distance. I booked on Hilton website for $199 a night and later had a price decrease of $10 a night.

So although i'm a month late posting lol, i decided to comment, I agree about the bathroom doors, we stayed in FLL before a cruise a few yrs ago, hated the doors, a lot of hotels are doing the doors like this now, it never feels like i have enough privacy. also I read your entire review loved it, me, my mother and sister were on this same cruise in november. Phil looks familiar! I wondered where i knew him from and then i saw the date you guys sailed. Probably saw you guys in passing lol. anyway, loved your review and pictures.

So although i'm a month late posting lol, i decided to comment, I agree about the bathroom doors, we stayed in FLL before a cruise a few yrs ago, hated the doors, a lot of hotels are doing the doors like this now, it never feels like i have enough privacy. also I read your entire review loved it, me, my mother and sister were on this same cruise in november. Phil looks familiar! I wondered where i knew him from and then i saw the date you guys sailed. Probably saw you guys in passing lol. anyway, loved your review and pictures.

I don't know why hotels would think those doors are a good idea... Not only is the privacy very off putting, they must break and come off the track so easily!

Lol, too funny!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loved, loved, loved this review. Also just noticed that you are on our roll call for Quantum on December 1st. My husband Jim and I are so looking forward to this cruise in December.

Marge

Hi Marge!!! Thank you!!! We are so excited for the Quantum cruise too! It's slowly getting closer... Can't wait until next week when we get some more info on her! Talk to you on the roll call!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...