Sheraton/Melia or Hilton?

Teacherloves2Cruise

Hi all,

We are two couples, early thirties. Would like a relaxing, safe, clean beach/ nice pool day. Would like to enjoy a couple drinks and a decent lunch without breaking the bank. Coming on the Enchantment, mid-day. What would be better for us, the Sheraton/Melia or the Hilton? Go!

(and thanks. :) )

• 3 weeks later...
We are also arriving mid-day and looking for relaxing family day without costing an arm and a leg. Sheraton Melia looks good. Pros and cons appreciated.:rolleyes:

Lol. No one ever really responded to this. There are a ton of similar threads though and we decided on doing Melia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are leaving on our cruise Sunday and I hear they have new pricing and some sort of "all inclusive" deal going on. Does anyone know what it is??? It was $30pp no lunch, no drinks. We have done the Hilton--$60 with $40 towards lunch or drinks--no cab. Very easy.

We did Sheraton a few years ago--the only real difference is a prettier view from the beach. We were going to go to the Melia this time but I don't want to pay $100pp for an all inclusive if that is what it is.

We are leaving on our cruise Sunday and I hear they have new pricing and some sort of "all inclusive" deal going on. Does anyone know what it is??? It was $30pp no lunch, no drinks. We have done the Hilton--$60 with $40 towards lunch or drinks--no cab. Very easy.

We did Sheraton a few years ago--the only real difference is a prettier view from the beach. We were going to go to the Melia this time but I don't want to pay $100pp for an all inclusive if that is what it is.

I emailed them last week and received this response:

Thank you for connecting with us here at the Melia Nassau Beach regarding your upcoming stay.

We are happy, that you choose us as your vacation destination , where a warm Bahamian welcome awaits you. With regards, to the day passes for the day.

Adults= $30.00 per person

Kids from 4-12 yrs. old $15.00. There is no charge for the 2yrs old. If you would like to include lunch as well, at the Oh Grill by the poolside $50.00 for adults and children 25% off the $50.00.

Market Grill our buffet restaurant $75.00 per adult and children 25% off the $75.00. You can book this when you arrive at the hotel.

We look forward to your arrival.

Can anyone share how the Melia Nassau resort was? I'll be in Nassau in less than two weeks and looking for something to do. Was it walking distance from the port? Any pictures?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Can anyone share how the Melia Nassau resort was? I'll be in Nassau in less than two weeks and looking for something to do. Was it walking distance from the port? Any pictures?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I haven't been yet but I will be there next week and will let you know. It is not walking distance, you can take a taxi or bus. I have seen pictures on the official site and trip advisor.

I haven't been yet but I will be there next week and will let you know. It is not walking distance, you can take a taxi or bus. I have seen pictures on the official site and trip advisor.

Thank you! This will be my 4th time in Nassau and looking for something new to do.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Thank you! This will be my 4th time in Nassau and looking for something new to do.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I was there last June. It is a very nice place. We enjoyed it. Everything was nice. The food is on the high side. You will need to catch a cab or take the #10 jitney bus. We cab there and jitney back. If you take the jitney back be sure to leave at lease an hour before you have to be back on the ship. If you do take the jitney have correct change. I think the price was $1.25. Enjoy your cruise.