Royal Carribbean or Disney?

Having sailed on both and knowing you'll have teens - Liberty, hands down. Teens will likely enjoy the climbing wall, flowrider, Royal Promenade, Johnny Rockets. The ships are about the same size but Liberty feels much larger due to better use of open spaces.

Liberty is approx 26,000 GT larger.

I'm a huge Disney freak :) if I could live in WDW I would, however I would pick the Liberty.

I was on two Disney cruises with my family, one when I was 18 and one when I was 20. While the restaurants are amazing and the shows are the best in the industry I really didn't have anything to do during the day or after the show. My brother is younger than me, he had a great time in the teen area, but there was nothing for me to do and I was bored. If you go on the Disney cruise your daughters will have a great time, but your son will be bored...DCL doesn't do a good job with young adults.

RCL service is just as good as Disney IMHO (and coming from me that says a lot!! :))

and they have MANY more activities during the day, and I've read good things about their teen activities as well.

We first betrayed The Mouse only because the DCL cruise we wanted to go on to Alaska was double the price of RCL, so we very hesitantly strayed and we're very glad we did!

Edited by alaskawdw12

We have been on all the Disney ships and 3 Royal Caribbean. From my own experience I will tell you this. While your children are still teens do Disney. There is ssssoooo much for them to do you will not even realize they are with you. Disney gives them a little more of a social life. The cabins are more family friendly. You will definitely not be disappointed in the food. We have been on other lines also and hands down Disney takes the award for service. In the dining rooms and cabins you will not find better service.

With that said my second favorite line is Royal Caribbean. We always have a blast. But like I said earlier do Disney while your kids are still teens. They will enjoy it tremendously.

Either way you can't lose. Enjoy!!! :)

My husband and I debated this. We've done 3 Carnival, 1 Royal, and thought about Disney but just couldn't justify the price difference. One big selling point of Disney is that they sail from Port Canaveral, which we can drive to. But, we found a much better deal on Freedom of the Seas- a 7 day cruise in an interior, that is actually cheaper than a 4 day Disney.

We don't have kids, but I think your kids will like Royal and it's a longer cruise. There were characters on the boat, like Shrek and Donkey, lots to do and all the kids on our Royal Caribbean cruise seemed to really enjoy it and have fun.

My friend loves Disney and I think it's probably great if you're a Disney fanatic. But, if you're more of a cruise fanatic, the Royal one might be better with the money difference. Longer vacation always rocks! Heck we could even add on a day at Disney and still come out cheaper on ours...

I have never been on Disney but just thinking about the weather you could have in the Bahamas in November. The area you would be is roughly the same temp as Miami. We were there at Thanksgiving once and there was a cool breeze and it was fine to play on the beach and sit on a beach chair under your towel but it was quite chilly to go in the ocean. Another time it was 85 and sunny and the ocean was in the 70's. But you never know! Do you want some beach time? You may be better going on the Caribbean itinerary if so!

I wasn't sure where to post this but I need some help deciding which cruise to pick. This is for November of this year and we will have 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids-teens)

RC Liberty of the Seas 5 Night Western Caribbean - Family Oceanview cabin

or

Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas - Family cabin as well

Hubby wants one and I want the other. Tell me the pros and cons of these please.

Royal.

5 nights is better than 3. teen programs are probably better on R than D. but here's why I really say R:

food was way way WAY better on R. I actually went hungry on D more than once and honestly only the appetizers and soups were any good. most of the entrees were mediocre or worse and i literally disliked every dessert

Service was comparable although at times i felt looked down on by the wait staff on D esp. when I chose to skip a course, or sent something back. both were spotless and constantly being cleaned.

the only edge I give to D is that they were much better at keeping adult only areas AO. it truly was a haven and very relaxing.

Have done a bunch on RCI, Liberty 3 times....are "Disney" people and have done Wonder and Fantasy ( 7 day). Have done cruises with our teens... no longer teens now!. I would do Liberty for sure. I will comment on itineraries....Western Carib much better than Bahamas....Grand Caymans, Cozumel, Jamiaca, Key west or wherever you go western beats the heck out of the Bahamas! We also like going out of Ft Lauderdale although Cape Canaveral is ok. Must be tough making choices!!

THanks everyone. Hearing all these comments REALLY REALLY helps. I think we've made a decision.

LIBERTY!

Family Oceanview Cabin for all 6 was $3899

2 Connecting Ocenview cabins $3659 (with 2 bathrooms AND privacy for me and hubby, this wins)

I did find a Disney cruise on the Wonder for a 5 night Western Caribbean, however the ONLY two connecting cabins were balcony and the cost was $7903.

SO, basically the same itinerary for the same amount of time and Disney is $4244 MORE

As much as we love DIsney and will eventually take a Disney cruise, we can't justify the cost of that when the Liberty seems like such a wonderful ship and appeals to my kids more.