Tobacco prices on the Dream

Hi all I know this is not a very popular question but my OH smokes and I was wondering if anyone of you kind folks can tell me how much a carton of ciggies are in the duty free onboard? Also if anyone knows the price of ltr bottles of vodka. Iam going on the Dream on the 23rd of March, for 2 weeks, sailing around the Caribbean.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.:D

Hi all I know this is not a very popular question but my OH smokes and I was wondering if anyone of you kind folks can tell me how much a carton of ciggies are in the duty free onboard? Also if anyone knows the price of ltr bottles of vodka. Iam going on the Dream on the 23rd of March, for 2 weeks, sailing around the Caribbean.

Ciggies are very similar in price on board as ashore. Alcohol purchased on board will be held and delivered to your room the last night.

Hi, my advice is to defer your purchase until you reach St Marten, £10 for 200 super kings and approximately £7 for a litre of vodka.

We are going on dream to the carribean in march we will be celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary are we able to take on a bottle of spirits to drink in our cabin the all inclusive package is to expensive for us 780 pound we are both 75 and would never be able to drink so much

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We took a bottle of whisky bought on the plane, and a bottle of vodka bought on the ship on their discount day into the cabin, and they were on the top in full view, and we had no problem enjoying a drink in our cabin. I asked before buying on board if we were ok to drink in the cabin, and was told yes. This was our Dream cruise in the Caribbean January 19th.

Thank you so much for your reply we do like to have a drink in the cabin before going to dinner I will buy a bottle at the airport ,did you fly on the dream we are keeping my fingers crossed my husband will be well enough to go Pat

Thank you so much for your reply we do like to have a drink in the cabin before going to dinner I will buy a bottle at the airport ,did you fly on the dream we are keeping my fingers crossed my husband will be well enough to go Pat

We weren't on the Dreamliner, but had a good flight on First Choice plane over, and Thomson's plane back.

Hope all goes well with your husband. Enjoy your plotting and planning!

Thanks for the reply guys but our itinerary does not include st martten so thats hit on the head.:confused:

I wouldnt saythat too soon ;):)....I have noticed that dream has been docking at st maartin instead of st barts recently:confused:

sorry cant help really with shopping, I know that duty free on the ship is cheaper than on the aircraft, st maartins is the cheapest duty free island, st kitts is not a duty free island, barbados & grenada prices (I think) are pretty much the same as on the ship, I have never been shopping in aruba or curacau as I find them to be quite expensive islands

I tend to be careful when shopping on the markets as there are fakes about

st lucia, dominca are great for buying fruit & local handicrafts but not really much in the way of imported stuff

I tend to stick with st maartin (for the duty free run) ;) ...but you are right, our itinerary (i am on the same itinerary) :cool: is not 'scheduled' to go there.....yet;)

hope this helps

When we were on the Dream in Nov/Dec they were advertising spirits for sale in the duty free for consumption in your cabin :)

oh yesss!...just empty the fridge and put your own bottles/cans in there (thumbup):cool:

dont bother with the safe....the fridge has a lock (thumbup) ;)

and its a great place to keep your sandals cool ...v refreshing :eek: .....only joking (about the sandals bit) but you could...if you wanted too...couldnt you :D

Hi all landed this morning at 4.30 am so just woke up Lambert and butler menthol 200 pack were 24.00 on the ship but a discount brought them down to £20.40 and. Went back to st maartens again last Thursday instead of st baths weather was too dangerous to tender and captain made the right decision to abort and go to st maartens instead we had a fantastic day in port shopping and listening to a live band on the seafront and drinking beer. Wonderful

hi info good to have you back hope you had a great time:cool:

good to see tobacco prices on ship havnt changed since last year:cool:

just out of interest?? how was the weather in st maartin?? its only about 18 miles from st barts?

It was boiling had to sit under an umbrella at the bar. Think a lot of the problems were the trade winds we had the first week changed from going anti clockwise to clockwise and the it itinery reversed so sea day was Friday instead of Monday etc but no problem