Is junkanoo nasty?

ARI421

It's about a 5-10 minute walk. Just take a right towards the Hilton. You have to walk around it. But it's right on the other side. Stop at the Tiki Bikini Bar. They give you 3 beers and 3 shots for $10

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's about a 5-10 minute walk. Just take a right towards the Hilton. You have to walk around it. But it's right on the other side. Stop at the Tiki Bikini Bar. They give you 3 beers and 3 shots for $10

Thanks a lot for the info. It's greatly appreciated. Nassau was supposed to be our last stop last year but due to a medical emergency on board it became our first. We arrived late in the evening, and there were no shore excursions going on and pretty much everything on the pier was closed.

Thanks a lot for the info. It's greatly appreciated. Nassau was supposed to be our last stop last year but due to a medical emergency on board it became our first. We arrived late in the evening, and there were no shore excursions going on and pretty much everything on the pier was closed.

Nassau was, hands down, our favorite stop. My advice is to avoid the conch fritters. Try the local beers. And love that gorgeous water.

I was literally just there on this past Thursday (3/27/14). I walked around for hours. Swam in the waters. Drank at the bars. Used the bathrooms. I found no broken glass. I'm not saying you didn't. Nor am I calling your story invalid. Just saying I had a much better experience. And my wife did too.

Sounds Great because we are going to be there with a large Family/Friends group with about 22 and sounds like that is where we will go. Then people can go from there where they want as far as looking around at buying some things and also drinks or swim. The walk sounds better because taxi would be hard if we got split up. As it is with this group it's like herding cats....:D Possible to take the Bus I guess. Do you know how easy that is and what number bus it is? Thanks again for the info...

Sounds Great because we are going to be there with a large Family/Friends group with about 22 and sounds like that is where we will go. Then people can go from there where they want as far as looking around at buying some things and also drinks or swim. The walk sounds better because taxi would be hard if we got split up. As it is with this group it's like herding cats....:D Possible to take the Bus I guess. Do you know how easy that is and what number bus it is? Thanks again for the info...

Don't know about a bus. But it was a very easy walk. You can see it from the piers. Or as you come in. It's literally directly west of you. It would've a straight walk of about 5 or 6 blocks if the Hilton didn't block your path.

Someone pointed out to me there are 2 Junkanoo Beaches. One in Nassau and one in Freeport. I've been writing about the one in Nassau. Just in case there was any confusion.

Thanks so much for clarifying! We are interested in walking to the Junkaroo on Nassau. Do we just plop down on a beach chair or walk up to one of the food vendors first?

Thanks so much for all your information!

Don't know about a bus. But it was a very easy walk. You can see it from the piers. Or as you come in. It's literally directly west of you. It would've a straight walk of about 5 or 6 blocks if the Hilton didn't block your path.

We were to Nassau twice, one to Atlantis and another for shopping the next block up from the pier. I don't remember the name. But to walk from the pier to Junkaroo, should we walk up to the main shopping street again and hang a right or walk the road along the water? Looking for safest route and I don't want to zip-zag the walk and end up on a side street. Thanks

Thanks so much for clarifying! We are interested in walking to the Junkaroo on Nassau. Do we just plop down on a beach chair or walk up to one of the food vendors first?

Thanks so much for all your information!

Chairs are available for rent at Junkanoo. You will see the vendors who are renting them. (you don't just plop down in one). As for food vendors, there are several (concessions and Tiki bar) . It's up to you what suits you and your group.