Early Saver switched?

missyoua

So I booked Early Saver for a booking a year ago. I submitted 2 price protection claim forms in the last couple of months. Today, I saw that the price went down again so I went to submit the price protection form online again and it says not eligible for my sailing date (2/24/2014) so I called and the Carnival rep said at some point I was switched to a different promotion called #Nowsthetime Sale so I can no longer submit for anymore price drops. I wasn't aware that if at some point if I was given a credit I'd also be switched to a new type of booking and be kicked out of the Early Saver category. Maybe I just missed it in the Early Saver FAQ or if someone can enlighten me on this. It's a bit disappointing and misleading to say we can submit price drop protection for up until 2 days before sailing but then change us out of the Early Saver program at some point making it null and void for further price drops if we were granted a price drop. :(

Someone who knows more about this than me will respond soon, I am sure. BUT I don't think you can be switched from Early Saver; otherwise people who wanted to avoid the penalty's associated with changing or cancelling would just ask to be switched to a different category first. I think I would call and talk to someone else about it....Good Luck!

Thank you. I thought so too. I'll call again and talk to someone else. The rep I talked to explained to me that I was given the lower rate and an upgrade for the price drop so therefore I was switched from Early Saver to the #Nowsthetime Sale. I told him I wasn't aware that by getting an Early Saver price drop I'd be switched out of Early Saver program, but he kept insisting I already received an upgrade and a price drop and now I'm no longer an Early Saver.

As far as I know you cannot switch from Early Saver. That would defeat the whole purpose. I would resubmit the form or call.

The online form will not even allow me to submit at this point. It says "Sailing not eligible". I'll have to call to get to a live person.

Thank you. I thought so too. I'll call again and talk to someone else. The rep I talked to explained to me that I was given the lower rate and an upgrade for the price drop so therefore I was switched from Early Saver to the #Nowsthetime Sale. I told him I wasn't aware that by getting an Early Saver price drop I'd be switched out of Early Saver program, but he kept insisting I already received an upgrade and a price drop and now I'm no longer an Early Saver.

You may have price matched the Nowsthetime Sale. Good Luck, hope you can get it figured out. I know it is frustrating and that is why I like having a PVP.

We had the same problem last week. However,I was told once you are Early Saver, always ES. Now the reason we didn't get the price drop, as explained to us after being on hold forever, is that one of the price drops included an $80 bar credit. Essentially, if we went with the new price, we could get it but we would lose the OBC previously received. Didn't understand it totally and on Monday I emailed my PVP. She got it straightened out.

I know some people ask, why have a PVP? Well, you don't have to waste time on the phone with a person who may or may not know what they are talking about. Plus, a quick email is much easier than an 800 number. Just my opinion. ;)

Btw, just noticed another price drop for our sailing and sent PVP an email. This will be the most OBC that we've ever had for just our cabin! Yes, I will have another drink!

Edited by 2 cruzen

We had the same problem last week. However,I was told once you are Early Saver, always ES. Now the reason we didn't get the price drop, as explained to us after being on hold forever, is that one of the price drops included an $80 bar credit. Essentially, if we went with the new price, we could get it but we would lose the OBC previously received.

This is correct, you'd get whatever the current promotion is offered. If the current promotion doesn't offer the bar credit, you'd lose it.

I called again and talked to someone else. She did put me in hold for a long time and came back about 3 times to make sure I was still on hold while customer solutions fixed my account. She explained that once I hit a certain rate for my category then the system has to be override manually. So from here on out, I will need to call each time because the online price protection will not function with my booking anymore. I am in an extended aft balcony category 3M. Super excited as this is my first aft balcony!! :D

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

Oh great, now my early saver credit isn't showing up on my online account even though they gave me the overall lower rate. I don't have a PVP and have no idea how to get one, but next time for sure I am booking through a phone call rather than myself online! I'll call in the morning and ask them to review my account once again. :mad:

I think since you received a price reduction AND an upgrade took you out of early saver and put you into the other sale category. If you got just the rate reduction you would still be ES

But I didn't receive an Upgrade, I'm still with the original cabin I booked from the beginning. But now I have that sorted out with Carnival. Next up is to see why my credit isn't showing up.

Oh great, now my early saver credit isn't showing up on my online account even though they gave me the overall lower rate. I don't have a PVP and have no idea how to get one, but next time for sure I am booking through a phone call rather than myself online! I'll call in the morning and ask them to review my account once again. :mad:

Did you try going to manage my account page and viewing cruise documents? That is where OBC will show up.

Our OBC showed up on a line that said fees and credits. It made it look like my cruise was more not less. I, too, find it confusing. Also, it sometimes takes a day for the credit to "show". Good luck with this process. I would tell you the name of my PVP, but it's against the rules.

Did you try going to manage my account page and viewing cruise documents? That is where OBC will show up.

Yes, my OBC or "credit and fees" before my call was $42 and my OBC after my call is still $42 even though I see the overall rate for my cruise fare has been reduced. They should have added another $40 to my "credits and fees".

Our OBC showed up on a line that said fees and credits. It made it look like my cruise was more not less. I, too, find it confusing. Also, it sometimes takes a day for the credit to "show". Good luck with this process. I would tell you the name of my PVP, but it's against the rules.

Thanks anyways. I'll give it a couple of days before I call back if I don't see it show up.

Thanks anyways. I'll give it a couple of days before I call back if I don't see it show up.

When you are logged in under My Cruise Manager look at the top right of the page on the to do list. You will see a link that says view cruise documents. Click that link and check the box that say print general information. It will bring up your documents. Scroll down to page 2 and hopefully you will see a box below the one that says itemized charges that will show your OBC.

if you have your papers in a folder, bring those with you. My obc from a special booking disappeared after having to cxl 2 ppl out of my cabin. the woman said that the online manage my cruise sometimes won't show up after that, BUT it is still on my acct.

Something is not right with the http://www.carnival.com website. My booking totally disappeared. Nothing, nada. Can't view my booking or cruise documents today. Nothing is under "Manage my bookings". But my countdown clock is still counting down 10 days until I cruise! I have already printed out all documents and boarding pass. Maybe it'll come back up later today.

Something is not right with the www.carnival.com website. My booking totally disappeared. Nothing, nada. Can't view my booking or cruise documents today. Nothing is under "Manage my bookings". But my countdown clock is still counting down 10 days until I cruise! I have already printed out all documents and boarding pass. Maybe it'll come back up later today.

I just logged in to manage my cruise, and it shows everything it should.

Do not wait ! Call Carnival now to ensure they did not cancel your booking...if they did, that makes your cabin available for sale :eek:

I just logged in to manage my cruise, and it shows everything it should.

Do not wait ! Call Carnival now to ensure they did not cancel your booking...if they did, that makes your cabin available for sale :eek:

Now my booking is back, but my credit is still not showing up accurately. So inconvenient to have to call them and be on hold during my workday!