Booking Connecting Cabins

Momto2cuteboys

We are taking our boys (7 & 10) on a cruise next month for spring break, and are pretty sure we're going to do one again next year over spring break with my IL's. This time we're staying together in one room, but I would prefer to get connecting cabins for next time. With their ages I'm too nervous to have them across the hall, so would prefer connecting. My question is, can anyone book the connecting rooms online, or is that something you need to call and speak to a PVP for? I don't mind calling, but I thought if I booked next years trip during our cruise this year we could get some onboard booking credit. ;) If you need a PVP, is there someone on the ship for future booking that could handle that?

Also, if connecting cabins are not available, does anyone have experience booking 2 balcony cabins right next to each other with children this young? (Next year they will be 11 & 8 over spring break...and the 11 year old will have JUST turned 11.) I'm sure I'll have a better idea once we're on board, whether or not I would be comfortable with that option, but it doesn't hurt to get opinions in advance.

Thanks in advance! I'm ready to get them out of my room, but not ready to have them be truly on their own. :D

It might be a pain to do but if you know which ship you want to sail on, pull up the deck plan of that ship and you'll see which cabins are connecting. See what's available online and then compare to the deck plan. Once you're happy with where you want to be.....book online and you're all set!

If you book onboard, you can ask the Carnival agent there to help you with the connecting cabins. Connecting balcony rooms doesn't mean connecting balconies-at least not on all ships. In my opinion, it is better to book with a Carnival PVP than book online. Then you always have same person to help you with your questions.

Thanks, it looks like I'll have to call. Either they fit more than 2 people per room or are already booked for next year. Are there no connecting balcony cabins? Maybe it's just the ship I chose for next year doesn't seem to have any.

Curious.. what ship are you looking at? We were on a Spirit class ship a couple of years ago and had connecting cabins and were able to have the balcony divider opened!! It was great:)

There are some ships (Legend, Miracle, Spirit) that have a couple connecting balcony and inside cabins. Those are great for parents/kids. They are the cabins at the very front of the ship (the first balcony). We loved this cabin, since we had the best of both worlds -- our first balcony (and a lower priced inside for the kids).

I am unclear on your ship -- but if you are one of these you should call Carnival and see if they are available.

Curious.. what ship are you looking at? We were on a Spirit class ship a couple of years ago and had connecting cabins and were able to have the balcony divider opened!! It was great:)

I'll have to go back and look...it was one of only a few spring break cruises that doesn't stop in Belize or Cozumel (I've had enough of both of those ;) ). I want to say it began with a G....I'm not familiar with all of the ships. I would prefer to have balconies with an actual door that is connecting, but if that isn't possible, I'm open to just having connecting balconies. I want to make sure I can look their door securely and still get in to my own room.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll see what they can offer onboard next month, and if I need to call when we get home.

We are taking our boys (7 & 10) on a cruise next month for spring break, and are pretty sure we're going to do one again next year over spring break with my IL's. This time we're staying together in one room, but I would prefer to get connecting cabins for next time. With their ages I'm too nervous to have them across the hall, so would prefer connecting. My question is, can anyone book the connecting rooms online, or is that something you need to call and speak to a PVP for? I don't mind calling, but I thought if I booked next years trip during our cruise this year we could get some onboard booking credit. ;) If you need a PVP, is there someone on the ship for future booking that could handle that?

Also, if connecting cabins are not available, does anyone have experience booking 2 balcony cabins right next to each other with children this young? (Next year they will be 11 & 8 over spring break...and the 11 year old will have JUST turned 11.) I'm sure I'll have a better idea once we're on board, whether or not I would be comfortable with that option, but it doesn't hurt to get opinions in advance.

Thanks in advance! I'm ready to get them out of my room, but not ready to have them be truly on their own. :D

You can do it either way.