Can I change my form of payment to AMX and get the $300 OBC?

cmoose

I have a suite booked on the Dawn. Didn't use my AMX originally but just noticed that they have a promo for $300 OBC if you use your card. Has anyone changed the form of payment and gotten this? I did get the amenities package that they are currently offering when I booked last June so I am wondering if they they had to cancel and rebook I would still get everything I currently have, no? I have a call into my PPC, just wondering if anyone here has had the same situation???

Terms and Conditions:

Reservation MUST be paid IN FULL (deposit and final payment) with any American Express Credit or Charge Card. Fulfillment of the offer is the sole responsibility of the participating American Express merchant. Promotion Code: SUITEOBCM must be entered/mentioned at time of reservation. Offer valid for all accommodations in The Haven and general Suite accommodations. Mini-suite category excluded. Offer is valid for new individual FIT Reservations. Qualifying new individual reservations can be moved into existing traditional or FS group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits. Offer may not be combinable. Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom, in US Dollars, based on cruise length booked, and will be applied to the 1st and 2nd guests in the stateroom. Onboard Credit has no cash value, is not transferable, and will be forfeited if not used during the cruise. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value. Government taxes and fees and discretionary onboard service charges are additional. This promotion is not applicable on chartered dates or Group Types INCREG and INCLARGE. Offer is capacity controlled and subject to availability. Promotion valid for NCLMIA, NCLINTL and Australia offices only. Not valid for CE and UK offices. Offer is valid for reservations made between 1/1/14 and 3/31/14. POID: AWD3:0001.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day. Norwegian is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships’ registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2014 NCL Corporation Ltd.

Per PPC, the AMX OBC offer cannot be combined with the amenity offer I currently have (same as the V-day offer they have now), so it's one or the other. The OBC/amenities I have now is more than the $300, so I will stay with what I have.

This thread allowed me to get an additional $300 OBC on our Hawaii cruise in April. As a first time cruiser I would have never known! Called the 800 number and asked for the promotion, not even by code, just said I heard about a promotion the lady put me on hold and came back and said the only promotion I qualified for was the $300 extra OBC and she applied it... we now have $400 OBC. Thankfully I did use a AMEX card!

Thanks for everyone for posting this . . . .

p.s. I called after reading on 2/14/2014 FYI, I had booked around 1/25/2014.

Edited by KitinIowa

Its good if you are booking a suite less then 9 months out.

We inquired about this also, as we have 2 suites booked for the future, but no luck.

You can see this under the SPECIALS banner, on the NCL home page, and then under Preferred Partners. ;)