Photo retouching??

packard89

Does anyone know if they offer photo retouching? I always have my family pics done while cruising....well puberty has caught up with my son. He has acne and is VERY self conscious about it. He won't want to be in any photos if they can't be retouched, and I can't say that I blame him.

Kirsten

I would highly doubt there is any personal retouching of photographs. They do not have the time or the skills. However they may run the files thru an automated program which could remove wrinkles and maybe acne. Years ago you used to be able to download a form on Carnival website that was a photo release to reproduce the images, if they still allow that, take the photo to a professional and he can retouch the photo to remove the acne.

I'm reading a review right now by PaulMedik from his trip on the Breeze this past summer, anyway - they had their son's senior pictures done on the ship and I believe they were retouched etc. The pictures were not the normal $25 bucks for an 8x10, they were a little more but yes you can arrange to have it done according to his mention in the review.

I believe that they do retouch the photos. Especially for us old people. My profile pic. is one of my formal night pictures. I have good skin and few wrinkles but my skin in my cruise photos came out amazing! I wish I could hire them to follow me around all day to make me look good. I'm pretty sure when we bought our photos there was a price list for additional touch up if needed.

We did a family photo shoot through the photo department back in 2010 (I believe when it was first getting started). We scheduled an appointment with a photographer - it wasn't something we were planning to do, but something we were convinced to do when checking out our photos.

I went in very skeptical of the quality of work we were going to receive. At the time, I worked as a retouch artist for a professional photographer so I was preparing for the worst. When we came in for our appointment to view the photos, our photographer had set up a slideshow and even created us a photo book of prints. I was shocked by how beautiful they turned out. It wasn't just the results of a fancy camera, but our photographer was actually very skilled in creating beautiful compositions. While I do believe that we may have gotten lucky (and we were on the Dream when it was the flagship and the program was just launching, so I'm sure they were using their best photographers fleetwide), the results were wonderful.

The photos were not touched by a retouched artist, but rather sent through a photo enhancing program with actions created to smooth, glowing skin. As a retouch artist working on photos of high school seniors with all types of skin issues, I would clone over/bandage every pimple (this is done by actually taking a copy of clear skin and pasting it over the blemished skin). Teens with serious acne took a LOT of time. Depending on how serious your son's acne is, the generic photo enhancing actions may not cover up all of the redness (but should work well in creating smoothness). If you want to ensure no redness, if he'd be willing to cooperate, I'd suggest putting a bit of makeup on him. I say this because teen girls wearing makeup were so much easier to fix because it was only a matter of creating smooth skin, not getting rid of redness.

I haven't sailed since 2010, but the shoot itself was free (no sitting fee) and we chose what we wanted to purchase. 8x10 prints were $30 rather than the $20 at the time (prices very well may have increased).

Edited by LittleMissMagic

I'm reading a review right now by PaulMedik from his trip on the Breeze this past summer, anyway - they had their son's senior pictures done on the ship and I believe they were retouched etc. The pictures were not the normal $25 bucks for an 8x10, they were a little more but yes you can arrange to have it done according to his mention in the review.

Thanks a million!!!

Kirsten

Two years ago we were on Valor. My wife and I had pictures taken before one of the formal nights ... When our pictures were posted the next day we really liked the picture except, my sleeve on my jacket had ridden up on one of my arms... exposing a lot of my white shirt... We inquired if they could touch that up and they said absolutely... we had the picture the next day... it looked great. They made it look like my coat jacket was never out of place. :)

Two years ago we were on Valor. My wife and I had pictures taken before one of the formal nights ... When our pictures were posted the next day we really liked the picture except, my sleeve on my jacket had ridden up on one of my arms... exposing a lot of my white shirt... We inquired if they could touch that up and they said absolutely... we had the picture the next day... it looked great. They made it look like my coat jacket was never out of place. :)

That's great!!! My son will be happy to hear this. Thanks so much!

Kirsten